The Official John Terry Thread | Page 44 | Vital Football

The Official John Terry Thread

Put it this way if you were a defender who had a shit performance, would you want to face JT in the dressing room

Best form of defence is attack

& when we don't have the ball the attackers and midfield need to work harder to support the defence , no strolling around on 50% - Kodija for example .

13 OCTOBER 2018 • 4:30PM
John Terry will officially begin a new chapter in his career on Monday, with his return to Aston Villa given the “full approval” of head coach Dean Smith.
Terry, the former Chelsea defender and Villa captain, has joined Smith’s backroom staff as a joint assistant and will work alongside Richard O’Kelly in the first steps on his road to becoming a manager.

Article: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/footbal...lla-manager-dean-smith/?WT.mc_id=tmg_share_tw

I've spent sometime contemplating and after a "few" beers it's just dawned on me that we are looking at a beautiful new era in our clubs history. The new powers that be didn't say a word and just did their work. Smith is going to get us playing and JT is going to provide that steel and passion we need. Thinking about JT playing for England trying to block a ball with his head, taking KNOCK OUT and playing on in a cup final. Oh my word we've got proper people here now it's on now buckle up after 10 years of shite we are about to witness some good times at claret and blue HQ :utv::utv::utv::guns::guns:

Last edited:
13 OCTOBER 2018 • 4:30PM
John Terry will officially begin a new chapter in his career on Monday, with his return to Aston Villa given the “full approval” of head coach Dean Smith.
Terry, the former Chelsea defender and Villa captain, has joined Smith’s backroom staff as a joint assistant and will work alongside Richard O’Kelly in the first steps on his road to becoming a manager.

Article: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/footbal...lla-manager-dean-smith/?WT.mc_id=tmg_share_tw

This bodes well and dismisses the notion from some that the return of JT was happening whether Dean Smith wanted him or not. The positive news this week just keeps on coming.....! I like it!

This bodes well and dismisses the notion from some that the return of JT was happening whether Dean Smith wanted him or not. The positive news this week just keeps on coming.....! I like it!

Yes and dismises the notion that the club were scrabbling around for a third or fourth choice.
The time it took, which actually was only a week, good going in my humble, was clear and well thought out.

Really don't get why anyone would think a bloke who hasn't kicked a ball in anger since May is suddenly going to step into the championship.
It would take him two months to get up to speed and match fit.

Let us be glad he's back at the club in some capacity, hopefully, he'll boost morale and get them all buzzing again.

Liked this bit in the Telegraph article:
Smith was identified by Purslow due to his track record of playing attractive football, success in playing youngsters and ability to work with a continental infrastructure.

Bruce/Round/Wyness era well and truly over. Think we have some good people in the club; the future is bright. This season may take off, it may be more of a mixture, but the important thing is that we build for the future. Getting JT back as well as bringing Dean Smith in is a masterstroke.

If this report is a good un as opposed to all those made up ones - it doesn't actually seem to say that much tbh despite the grasping for 'dismisses the notions' idea.
Wonder who's on the most money the head coach or
the legendary 'joint assistant' ?

Place would be much better if JT could scuttle back to chelsea who I suppose could easily have appointed a joint assistant themselves

ho hum

If this report is a good un as opposed to all those made up ones - it doesn't actually seem to say that much tbh despite the grasping for 'dismisses the notions' idea.
Wonder who's on the most money the head coach or
the legendary 'joint assistant' ?

Place would be much better if JT could scuttle back to chelsea who I suppose could easily have appointed a joint assistant themselves

ho hum

I gather your not a big fan of JT. After how he performed for us last season and the obvious positive effect he had on the dressing room cannot see why.

I think we have sorted our goalkeeper problem.

In 2006, John Terry was forced to go in goal for Chelsea as both Petr Cech and Carlo Cudicini picked up injuries vs Reading.

I believe he also kept a clean sheet as well

DpdcXZvX4AAyiTi.jpg:grinning:

Last edited:
I've been trying to guess when Terry was first approached to come to Villa. If you think back to when all the scouts were told to go, it was round this time that he was going to Russia. The papers said at the time that he had done a deal, then he pulled out. Was this when he was approached ? Still it all water under the bridge, he ours now, onward and upward.:utv::utv::utv: