The Official John Terry Thread | Page 41 | Vital Football

The Official John Terry Thread

When you think about it, a few weeks ago the club was falling apart, with all our best players due to be shipped out. Now we still have JG, JC and the rest of the crew. All it needs is for JT to come back. The icing on the cake.

This “will he/won’t he” saga is getting in my nerves. Hasn’t he made up his mind yet? How much of a commitment would it be? He enthuses about his time at Villa and says he loves being near his family then almost ends up in Russia! And it’s dragging on and on and on. And no word from us on the subject. What a mess. He’s not the messiah, he’s a very naughty boy...

This “will he/won’t he” saga is getting in my nerves. Hasn’t he made up his mind yet? How much of a commitment would it be? He enthuses about his time at Villa and says he loves being near his family then almost ends up in Russia! And it’s dragging on and on and on. And no word from us on the subject. What a mess. He’s not the messiah, he’s a very naughty boy...
He is probably waiting for a better financial offer from another UK team.

Here's a thought. Maybe he undermined Bruce with his leadership skills and Bruce felt threatened, consequently we have shown no interest.

Anyway, Bruce clearly feels that Jedi is the best option:arrghh: and as he's told us, there is no better man for the job.

One recognised centre back at a club with promotion aspiriations, and fans desperate to sign out of contract players at the end of their careers. It can only end in tears can't it?

Here's a thought. Maybe he undermined Bruce with his leadership skills and Bruce felt threatened, consequently we have shown no interest.

Anyway, Bruce clearly feels that Jedi is the best option:arrghh: and as he's told us, there is no better man for the job.

One recognised centre back at a club with promotion aspiriations, and fans desperate to sign out of contract players at the end of their careers. It can only end in tears can't it?

Don't worry, Bruce knows what he's doing....... apparently.

:clown::bull:

I’ve just had a text saying JT is back, £60k a week.. any truth?
Honestly don't think it will happen now unless he replaces Bruce which for some reason I have a gut feeling telling me this might not be a million miles from the truth. Just seems weird that he would go to Italy for a medical agree terms then walk away.

Yeah I got a bit excited but couldn’t see anything in the news. False alarm ?

Edit: looks like that news is from the Bristol Post - because those West Country boys are the first to get London-Brum insider info :rolleyes:

Agree. He would be an asset but I suspect that he is using other offers to negotiate terms with us and our loaded new owners, or the other way around, using us to get a better deal from somebody else. Either way I'm bored of it.

Last edited:
It was and is widely acknowledged that Terry had the chance to earn mega bucks elswhere last season and joined us for the challenge so i think the comments above about him demanding more wages or saying he should take a cut to rejoin are a bit snidey to be honest.

Was it ?
Got to love a press piece about the ledge - proper martyr that lad.

He was 'prepared' to skimp by on just £3 Mill basic & another £2 Mill bonus for a little over 30 odd games in the end.
Such a sacrifice altho handy if you want to keep your face in the press rather than feck about in China.

If he wants to play in the championship then he should take a championship wage - altho he does love the villa so maybe he'll take less than that - hmm maybe not.

Still he's got loads of offers on the table Zzzzzzzzzzz