The Official John Terry Thread | Page 26 | Vital Football

The Official John Terry Thread

Dan, have you actually read any reports?

I just googled John Terry - Derby.

The Derby telegraph reports what was said in The Sun. The Sun reports what was in the Daily Star.

They are the same reports from this week. The headlines say he has 'agreed' to join Derby. The reports say nothing of the sort and even Frank says he hasnt spoken to Terry about it !. Not only that later on in the report they say that Terry was on £60 grand a week with us and then follow this with quotes from the Derby owner saying they cannot keep spending as they have been because of FPP!!!!

Basically horse shit!.

JOHN TERRY could be owed £560,000 in wages by cash-strapped Aston Villa if he retires this summer, according to reports.

Should Terry retire or remain a free agent, Villa will owe the defender an additional month of wages on his £70,000-a-week packet, according to The Times.

Therefore, the financially-struggling Championship side could owe him June and July pay-packets, worth a princely £280,000-a-pop.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/6584635/john-terry-owed-wages-aston-villa/

Shit reporting, we knew that JPA - hence my thread last night but with nobody saying they didn't know I wasn't going to put my clickbait hat on lol

now we have some dosh could we and should we try and get the big man back or should we stick with what we have

I wouldn't take him back. Our stats with/without him playing were virtually the same (possibly better with him not playing) and the argument that he had a big impact on the dressing room didn't help out in the play-off final! If we have a problem with FFP then surely his big wage would only make things worse. I say stick with what we have.

Its a big yes from me. JT and Chester were as good as any centre back partnership in the division last season. His presence around the training ground and in the dressing room is something that will be very difficult to replace. We 100% need another CB in anyway and I would rather have JT than Huth or any others we're been linked with

Don't think it would fit in with FFP. Part of me says get him back if we can; another part of me says we have to move on. I think Elphick would do a decent job (if Bruce trusts him, not sure he does).

JT in a coaching role would be a loud YES.

After not playing match football since last May there is more chance of him coming back to replace Bruce with Calderwood and Agnew as his assistants than coming back to play!?

surreal alright
£3mill (+£2mill bonus)
for 30 odd games which weren't good enough to get us promoted
absolute legend etc

wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire tbh but each to their own

Hard to know if it's true, as only the Instagram page "The Villans Voices" would have the info, but as someone on Instagram that follows JT, he "likes" pretty much every AVFC official post.

He has also been keeping himself fit over the summer, not match fit I know, but still. He says he hasn't retired and is still looking for a club.

If Bruce is to stay on, then the only way I will find it acceptable is if JT is on board too. Maybe he can train the bloody defence!

It is the one thing which might save Bruce's bacon, or at least buy him more time. Even then, there's be question marks over Bruce staying. He'd have to mend his fences with the squad.

That will be an incredibly difficult task McP. Even if somehow he does build some bridges, results would have to start flowing pretty quickly. Winning teams are generally happy, we all saw our relegation season and heard what the mood was like around VP.

A new guy has a clean slate, can build those bridges much more easily. Agree that Terry could have a significant role to play.