The Official John Terry Thread | Page 64 | Vital Football

The Official John Terry Thread

Terry is being clever I think. When Tuchel gets the sack in a years time he is perfectly placed to take up caretaker duties and then get the permanent position.
Very strange leave Villa in case he gets another job offer, nothing going so he goes back to Chelsea to work with the kids, Villa didn't even consider him for the manager's role , despite "grooming" him. Love to know what really went on in the summer

Not sure what’s happened to him.

At one point, he was studying towards qualifications and watching the games back as he made his way back down the M40.

Now he’s on the golf course every other day and abusing peoples’ wives on Twitter who give him a bit of stick.

Very strange leave Villa in case he gets another job offer, nothing going so he goes back to Chelsea to work with the kids, Villa didn't even consider him for the manager's role , despite "grooming" him. Love to know what really went on in the summer

Something happened, that's for sure and it wasn't just Joe leaving. I'd guess that there was some kind of bust up.

I don't think Chelsea will fall into the trap of taking him on as manager just because he is a famous explayer , they had their fingers burnt with Lampard and surely they won't fall for that again. JT not being as bright as Frank either doesn't help his cause

Confirms my belief he was pushed rather than jumped from B6. So was ROK in my opinion. They'd begun dismantling team Smith over the summer if you ask me
Something I heard seems to back this up too. If you add up all the anecdotal evidence, rumours and the speed of the Gerrard appointment, I'd say you're not far wrong on this one @Silhillvilla.

Done now, and I think it was a step forward so I'm not complaining, but it shows how ruthless people in the industry are.

Something I heard seems to back this up too. If you add up all the anecdotal evidence, rumours and the speed of the Gerrard appointment, I'd say you're not far wrong on this one @Silhillvilla.

Done now, and I think it was a step forward so I'm not complaining, but it shows how ruthless people in the industry are.

If that's the case, Smith should have walked in the summer. He'd be at a much better club than Norwich if he had.

Confirms my belief he was pushed rather than jumped from B6. So was ROK in my opinion. They'd begun dismantling team Smith over the summer if you ask me
Or was it Smith deciding to revamp the coaching team? If so, why?

My guess; despite making a point of "consulting people" Smith has always wanted to be undisputed boss. JT from his background was always going to be a threat. Moreover JT would want to feel his input was being listened to.

Likewise DS had got very matey with Shakey, which meant ROK was pushed more into the background. ROK was offered a "new role" but turned it down.

I think the club pushed ROK. No chance that it was Smith as they'd been together all throughout his management career. Terry I think left of his own accord. Everything I know about him suggests he's arrogant enough to think he'd just be offered up a decent job the moment he was on the market.

I'm too shocked he hasn't. He did a good job as player and as far as I can tell did ok as part of the coaching staff but as Fear points out, he's a lot of baggage that follows him.

John Terry uses his 'intellect' to delve into the world of politics and goes on Twitter in support of Abramovich (don't know how to add Twitter content here). Not an opportune moment to choose considering the situation in Ukraine and how "the best owner in the world" is scrambling to dispose of his ill-gotten (Putin supported) gains before they are all seized. Chelski only became the power in the game as a result of huge investments of 'dirty' Russian money.
We criticise the human rights performance of the likes of Abu Dhabi and Saudi, but Putin has taken it to a whole new level and his mate Abramovich knows it, hence his sharp exit.
Stick to playing golf JT or humping the wives of team mates and don't try to be clever.

Reckon JT is bright enough. He doesn't talk a lot but when he does it usually makes sense. I suspect that in reality he's given himself a year off. Don't think he'll go straight into a PL job though.