The Official January Transfer Window Thread. | Page 79 | Vital Football

The Official January Transfer Window Thread.

The thing that disappointed me most was not signing a proper left back. It's OK saying Mings and hause can play there but it's not their proper position. I refuse to believe that there aren't at least a few dozen left backs in the lower leagues or abroad we could have got in for a million or 2 that would be 5 times better than the level Taylor is operating at currently.

Left back is actually Tyrone Mings natural position.

He was moulded into a centre back by Eddie Howe following his knee injury and hasn’t played there since.

I doubt physically he could play an attacking left back role. An old fashioned left back that doesn’t cross the half way line might be fine, but not overlapping and tracking back for 90 minutes week in week out role.

True. I am not a kodjia fan though.

He's clearly got talent, as we saw a couple of seasons ago but not at all convinced by his attitude at times. Highlighted by his reaction after the play off victory last season at M'bro. Rather than celebrate an excellent first leg result with his team mates and travelling fans he sulked off down the tunnel without so much as a backwards glance. Said a lot.

Left back is actually Tyrone Mings natural position.

He was moulded into a centre back by Eddie Howe following his knee injury and hasn’t played there since.

I doubt physically he could play an attacking left back role. An old fashioned left back that doesn’t cross the half way line might be fine, but not overlapping and tracking back for 90 minutes week in week out role.

Didn't know that. Once you've seen Carlos Cuellar play at right back then every other big lump centre half shunted out wide seems reasonable in comparison anyway.

Thinking about Carroll, I'm wondering if DS's idea is using him in a forward creative role as a stand-in or backup for Grealish. Rather than a creative DM.

Why does everyone have such a hard-on for Gardner all of a sudden?

Didn't you know?.

It's the rule .

Player out on loan/youngster we sold 20 years ago/player injured/player dropped/player who can't open his driveway gates are all the answer to our problems when we are not winning/not playing well/We are drawing/blues are above us at any point before the season even ends.

Didn't you know?.

It's the rule .

Player out on loan/youngster we sold 20 years ago/player injured/player dropped/player who can't open his driveway gates are all the answer to our problems when we are not winning/not playing well/We are drawing/blues are above us at any point before the season even ends.

That's true.

Having said that, I do think Tshibola is the answer to all our midfield problems and should be brought back asap...

That's true.

Having said that, I do think Tshibola is the answer to all our midfield problems and should be brought back asap...

Along with Bunn, Steer, Hutton, Richards, Elphick, Green and half a dozen U23's, he's out of contract in the summer. Plus of course the loanee's we will lose, Mings, Hause, Carroll, El Ghazi and Abraham. Practically a complete matchday squad we need to replace.