The Official January Transfer Window Thread. | Page 7 | Vital Football

The Official January Transfer Window Thread.

No danvilla Bannan and McGinn are different players.
McGinn is the all action, put the foot in, cover every blade of grass type player, while Bannan is the sit deep string puller, more in the mould of a Tom Huddlestone.
I believe that McGinn is the answer to our defensive midfield issue. Great engine, can tackle like a tiger and has good distribution. He may lack height and jedi's heading prowess but that's where I would like to see him play

I believe that McGinn is the answer to our defensive midfield issue. Great engine, can tackle like a tiger and has good distribution. He may lack height and jedi's heading prowess but that's where I would like to see him play

I'd like to see a fit George Thorne from Derby as our DM but, I'm unsure if he'll ever regain what he once was, before suffering a nasty double leg break. Such a pity because he could play central and attacking midfield too.
Still a player of his kind would be great.

Manchester Utd's summer out of contract players include Phil Jones, a central defender, who Spotrac report has a salary of £50k a week.
Andreas Pereira, an attacking midfielder, who Spotrac report is on £30k a week.
Spotrac also report that Axel Tuanzebe is on £5k a week.

We have two naturally rightsided centrebacks, including Tuanzebe. If we recalled Elphick, we'd have three, so getting in a naturally leftsided centreback would seem to be most sensible.
I know the club have an interest in Aberdeens Scott McKenna but, there are other clubs also interested, which could lead to an over-inflated price being paid.
As an alternative, I was thinking the club might look at Hoffenheim's Dutch U21 international leftsided centreback, Justin Hoogma.

We still do not appear to be getting any updates on Collins. I know he had a slight injury. But that was ages ago ?? He could be useful against the scum. Cannot believe we still have 10 games left up until January 1st so he could prove to be a massive asset .......

We still do not appear to be getting any updates on Collins. I know he had a slight injury. But that was ages ago ?? He could be useful against the scum. Cannot believe we still have 10 games left up until January 1st so he could prove to be a massive asset .......

I don't think we'll be seeing Collins in a Villa shirt again.
If we signed him up now, today, he'd only be getting match fit in January, so a waste of time and money in my opinion.

I feel the same way actually 67, the guy always seems to be injured.
By the way, here's another no thanks for you, Chris Smalling is out of contract at the same time.
There is a 'theory' that he is always injured because of his 100% never say die attitude ..... being called into action rather too often in an effort to compensate for his other inadequacies, if you get what I mean

Collins would not be my natural choice but an injury to Chester-Tuanzebe or both and we are in serious trouble. With 10 games of Jedinak-Hutton would be the end of any promotion chances ......

You have to remember the U23`s are in premier league 2 Division 2. The jump is massive. When we have a premiership CH in the camp. Yes he is not what he used to be. But neither was Terry and he done a fantastic job for us .......

There are a couple of players who could possibly make the grade at some stage. O'Hare- Corey-Blackett-Taylor but no CH is really close to making the jump. And Collins a premiership player is close to fitness. And has been training with the squad for weeks. Think we will know during the international break .........