The Official January Transfer Window Thread. | Page 6 | Vital Football

The Official January Transfer Window Thread.

Even if it were remotely true about Bannan, isn’t he exactly the same player as McGinn?

No danvilla Bannan and McGinn are different players.
McGinn is the all action, put the foot in, cover every blade of grass type player, while Bannan is the sit deep string puller, more in the mould of a Tom Huddlestone.

Several reasons to think its nothing more than lazy journolism.
1) Wages, Koscielny is reported to be on £90k a week. We aren't in a financial position to pay anyone that amount.
2) Wages, I can't see Koscielny being willing enough to drop at least one-third of his income.
3) Status, I can't see Koscielny willingly dropping out of the top tier of football, yet.
4) Koscielny is injured apparently, its been reported that he has had a hamstring injury since pre-season.
So why would we take on another clubs unfit player. Especially when we already have one on loan.
5) What possible benefit would his purchase, or loan, be to this club.

The joys of having two headlines in your head and getting neither of the bleeders right but being unable to change the URL lol

A couple of interesting suggestions regarding signings Mr Smith might be interested in making in January.
Newcastle goalkeeper Karl Darlow and Brentford utility defensive midfielder and left or right fullback Nico Yennaris.

Heres an Interesting article with information on what the management is thinking on transfers etc...

"Smith explained: “We are going to be looking in the January market for a number of players.
“Between myself, Suso (Pitarch) and Christian we have got our heads together and come up with a plan.
“We will be having further recruitment meetings in the next week or two.
“You have to plan. You can’t get to January 1 and think ‘right, what are we going to do now?’

Full article: https://www.expressandstar.com/spor...-and-aston-villa-thrashing-out-january-plans/

A couple of interesting suggestions regarding signings Mr Smith might be interested in making in January.
Newcastle goalkeeper Karl Darlow and Brentford utility defensive midfielder and left or right fullback Nico Yennaris.

I don't rate Darlow to be honest - he always has a howler in him and can't see him being much of an upgrade on Nyland, although I know is not shared by many on here! I'd rather we made a cheeky loan bid for Tom Heaton from Burnley (or Pope - they have 3 England keepers!).

Yennaris is a decent shout, and I'm sure DS will be looking for players he knows. Is Rico Henry still about - he was a decent LB prospect who followed Smith to Brentford as I recall?

I don't rate Darlow to be honest - he always has a howler in him and can't see him being much of an upgrade on Nyland, although I know is not shared by many on here! I'd rather we made a cheeky loan bid for Tom Heaton from Burnley (or Pope - they have 3 England keepers!).

Yennaris is a decent shout, and I'm sure DS will be looking for players he knows. Is Rico Henry still about - he was a decent LB prospect who followed Smith to Brentford as I recall?

Rico Henry is still at Brentford JPA.
He's been injured for most of his time there, which is a pity as he was a young player overflowing with potential when at Walsall.
I kind of agree with you about Tom Heaton, or Nick Pope, both cracking keepers.