The Official January Transfer Window Thread. | Page 5 | Vital Football

The Official January Transfer Window Thread.

Not the answer for us.

Played really well at VP in the last 2 games against Wednesday, but, because a) he raises his game, b) we give him all the time & space he could ever want.

As Hightrinity says, he did always try & play the Hollywood ball, with very little of them finding the target.

Too lightweight & doesn't perform week in, week out.

No thanks.

I think we've got better players in midfield. As soon as Smith gets the forwards movement better and the midfield seeing the passes earlier we'll be fine

Sold him for peanuts, buy him back for millions.

ARRggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh !

lol

No we was right to get rid all the bloke used to do was hit Hollywood ball's and they very rarely got to there target. He was week on the ball and easily dispossessed and 5 ft nothing so was no good in the air. He may be playing well for sheff wed but if i was manager and had 8 mil to spend on a midfielder i think i would look elsewhere.

Agreed with a week on the ball he should’ve been better. Sorry couldn’t help myself

Why? Championship level at best. /QUOTE]

Did I miss something?
Did we get promoted while I was sleeping because I could've sworn that we are championship also rans.
Although I agree he isn't a player we need, unless JG is to be sold come January. JG would fit into Bannans position very neatly

No. We certainly do not want him back. However, whatever the thoughts on him he has done decently for Sheff Weds. And this is the exact reason why we simply cannot write Grealish off and bin him needlessly. Because if we do I guarantee we will be sitting here in a few years wondering why we got rid. Of all the young players I have seen in recent modern times he is the one with the biggest potential by far. We need to give him the biggest chance possible . If it doesn't work out i rather it not work out for us and know we have given it a fair crack rather than wondering how a player we binned is lifting a league title for Leicester.

No and 8 million is a joke 4x what he is worth. At 28 no resale value terrible deal. Never rated him when we had him. Got to be better players out there for that sort of money spend it on a decent CB and LB.

We got better players in the U23s FFS. BB? £8m ..... please, is it early on April 1'st? Jesus ... this has to be utter bulls**t.

No and 8 million is a joke 4x what he is worth. At 28 no resale value terrible deal. Never rated him when we had him. Got to be better players out there for that sort of money spend it on a decent CB and LB.
Was there a missing digit there ... maybe it should have said 40x .... no way Jose

So what l get from this thread is Dean Smith is a Good young manager who knows what he is doing but if he buys banners he is a fool .god some of you guys want your cake and eat it

I think the Bannan rumours are just that. It seems like the sort of move we'd have made under the previous regime, buy a guy who played well against us a few weeks ago for big money. Also what's the point of having cake and not eating it? Never really understood that phrase.

Not impressed with the idea of buying back Bannan. They talk about £8m.... they must be joking! He's improved since he left us, but he is Championship quality only.

The rumour about Laurent Koscielny isn't too bad, but again that's only probably a rumour.

Not impressed with the idea of buying back Bannan. They talk about £8m.... they must be joking! He's improved since he left us, but he is Championship quality only.

The rumour about Laurent Koscielny isn't too bad, but again that's only probably a rumour.

Agree with you about Koscielny Pride, after taking two things into account.
1) He's been injured practically all season, a hamstring I do believe.
2) He's reported to be on £90k a week, which is more than we can pay any player and I can't see him dropping down a league and taking at least a one-third paycut.

As for Bannan, again considering where the story originated, most likely just paper talk.
He is quality in the championship, which just happens to be the league we are in, it also happens to be the quality of the vast majority of our players, so I don't really see any sense in holding that against him.
He also signed a three year extension to his contract, about two months ago, which would suggest that the player is very happy at his present club.