The Official January Transfer Window Thread. | Page 80 | Vital Football

The Official January Transfer Window Thread.

And.....

This is called an opportunity. We have been crying out to offload a lot of these.

And still we'll have Lansbury, Mccormack, Hogan, Adomah on the payroll who aren't going anywhere or getting any better or less injury prone.

According to the b.mail Leroy Fer's signing was blocked by us because his medical turned up a hamstring injury and it wasn't clear how long he would be out for. For once we didn't opt for the convalescent home approach. Whether Carrol will be that much use remains to be seen.

According to the b.mail Leroy Fer's signing was blocked by us because his medical turned up a hamstring injury and it wasn't clear how long he would be out for. For once we didn't opt for the convalescent home approach. Whether Carrol will be that much use remains to be seen.
My sentiments too McP, regarding Carroll. Will be interesting to see who plays more between now and the end of the season.... Fer or Carroll

My sentiments too McP, regarding Carroll. Will be interesting to see who plays more between now and the end of the season.... Fer or Carroll
We already know the answer to that 55, the question you are searching for is who is available to play more often? :wahey:

Brentford don't have any money and seem to have to sell their best players every transfer window but their squad has obviously been assembled with a vision of how they will fit in and play together.

Since we came down we've been the poster child for a terrible transfer policy. 1st season splurge on whoever had done well in the championship over the last year or so. No thought whatsoever as to how we were going to play with them just get them in and stick them out there. Hogan obviously being the perfect example. 2nd season. Less money spent on fees but absolute fortunes on big wages for experienced players. We had enough quality in the team to finish 4th but could never be consistent enough to properly challenge for the top 2. The spine of the team dissappears as key players are on loan or short term contracts. Obviously this summer was a shambles for many reasons but we end up with 65 wingers and 2 centre halves. This isn't 100% the fault of the managers we've had. A modern club would have a proper scouting set up to recommend players to the manager. We just seem to sign either who is doing well or who is available.

My hope is that since the moment Smith came in he and the recruitment people have been planning for the summer. I'd be disappointed if we hadn't already lined up a few deals for players who'll be out of contract come June. I personally would have tried to bring in a couple more in January, we probably did try to be fair but we all know January is not a time to do a squad rebuild.

Piss poor planning again, why wait til the last few hours of the last day of the window to get Fer and oh low and behold it falls through , someone hits the panic button And buys Tom fecking Carroll - cue scenes of mass merriment in South Wales

Hopefully the Summer will ease my concerns, and show me we do have the infrastructure and team to find the players we need.

Just want to see progression and a team style / shape that players can slot into.

Piss poor planning again, why wait til the last few hours of the last day of the window to get Fer and oh low and behold it falls through , someone hits the panic button And buys Tom fecking Carroll - cue scenes of mass merriment in South Wales
i cant see why clubs leave it till the last day to bid for players .we knew what was needed so why couldnt we get then at the start of the window it could have cost us points

i cant see why clubs leave it till the last day to bid for players .we knew what was needed so why couldnt we get then at the start of the window it could have cost us points

Clubs don't sign players until then because in a lot of cases the players aren't actually available until the last day. The selling club may not want to sell until they're own bids come off. But usually the bids have gone in a lot earlier. Bruce's bid for McKenna was an exception.

Some people on here may be disappointed in the Summer. I really cant see us shifting 11, 12, 13 players off the books and signing just as many to come in.
Even if we do, its very rare that a whole new team of players will gel straight away, and some wont work out at all.

Some people on here may be disappointed in the Summer. I really cant see us shifting 11, 12, 13 players off the books and signing just as many to come in.
Even if we do, its very rare that a whole new team of players will gel straight away, and some wont work out at all.

I have said elsewhere that it may take 2-3 transfer windows.

I dont think our fans have the patience for that. I cant see Deano being here longer than the end of next season if we aren't in the mix for promotion.
I can’t see him being here at the end of this season if some people have their way

We can shift that many easily, here's 15 for starters:

Loans ending: Abraham, Carroll, El Ghazi, Hause, Mings & Tuanzebe.
Out of contract: Bunn, De Laet, Elphick, Hutton, Jedinak, Lyden, Richards, Steer & Whelan (plus Blackett-Taylor, Clark, McKirdy, Mooney, O'Hare & Suliman).

Of the seniors, I could only see Steer, Elphick and Whelan being offered deals currently and only year long ones at that.

We can shift that many easily, here's 15 for starters:

Loans ending: Abraham, Carroll, El Ghazi, Hause, Mings & Tuanzebe.
Out of contract: Bunn, De Laet, Elphick, Hutton, Jedinak, Lyden, Richards, Steer & Whelan (plus Blackett-Taylor, Clark, McKirdy, Mooney, O'Hare & Suliman).

Of the seniors, I could only see Steer, Elphick and Whelan being offered deals currently and only year long ones at that.

Do you mean get rid of Blackett-Taylor, Clark, McKirdy, Mooney, O'Hare & Suliman as well?

Agree, but I can see us utilising the U23's much more to fill the voids. Hopefully they will be used to each other and hit the ground running. We all live in hope GGS.

Do you mean get rid of Blackett-Taylor, Clark, McKirdy, Mooney, O'Hare & Suliman as well?

Not all, I just thought I ought to add those in the U23s who are also out of contract (I wasn't terming them as 'seniors'). There are a few others, the ones listed just have football league experience. Having said all that I anticipate only two of those will remain (Clark and O'Hare) as well anyway.

Reactions: OVB