The Official January Transfer Window Thread. | Page 77 | Vital Football

The Official January Transfer Window Thread.

According to Carroll his move to us has been on the cards for a while , so it was far from a last minute decision.
Roughly translated into: “the so-called in-the-know media didn’t actually have a clue at all.... but they sold lots of papers with other garbage stories and headlines”

Haha yeah and you believe that !. It was on the cards from slam shut minus 29 mins once Fer fell through .

Do you know that for a fact Silhill? Truth is none of us know what's been going on other than what we've heard from Carroll in his interview which totally contradicts what you've posted. In other words you think he's lying! Welcome to Villa Park Tom!

sounds like the usual bollox whenever a new signing is interviewed tbh
- guessing he's a lifelong Villa fan and it's a dream come true etc

Odd to leave it so late in the window - was there a reason ?

good media story beats bad media story - meh

But bad media story needs to beat good media story BBM?

Tom Fox isn't in control anymore, I know why leeway is the last thing on most people's minds but seriously. I know most of your still believe Delph gave those comments so he's a snake - a media dept never takes license.

Why does taking a side need to be taking a side when assuming?

Fer faggots off at the last minute so we play Football Manager because Dean Smith is adamant somebody from Swansea is signing? Give over.

This is the same Swansea Leeds have claimed agreed a deal and then went quiet when it came to providing the paperwork last night.

Given so many are happy to bitch about clickbait, why does the fact we were interested in both and completed the deal that could go through suddenly not become an option?

To put another way - remember when a deal was agreed for a certain James Milner and Newcastle pulled the plug at the last second.

I don't remember that being Villa's fault.

How times change.

you've somewhat lost me me but point is I don't believe a story we've been after Carroll for some time is anymore likely to be true than we missed out on Fer.

What's odd is that for some one media story 'proves' another media story was baseless.

It's strange this long time pursuit wasn't wrapped up earlier but that could be just one of those coincidences I guess.

To put another way - remember when a deal was agreed for a certain James Milner and Newcastle pulled the plug at the last second.

I don't remember that being Villa's fault.

How times change.

Look the best way of looking at things currently is that everything is shit. The manager is shit, the owners, ceo, scouts, players, players we just signed who haven't played for us yet and players we're supposedly interested in, unless of course we don't sign a player we're supposedly interested in which case they're good and we're still shit. I think that just about covers things.

I lose most, surely you know that by now BBM.

Again I can throw back the same, you're using one piece of interest to dismiss other interest dude. The facts are Swansea admitted Fer talks, they said he turned us down after they sold half a squad (public record mate). The lateness of him turning us down cannot mean we suddenly said 'what about' Carroll instead because we have to sign someone from Swansea because they are different players. The logical is we were in for both but the press missed Carroll in their 'fer' vour.

Football isn't a computer game, you don't spend your time looking at solo targets and bidding £500k more with each rejection.

And still hanging it on, not finished earlier. Deadline day is busy for a reason, clubs make a decision based on how other things play out, it's not rocket science mate.

Look the best way of looking at things currently is that everything is shit. The manager is shit, the owners, ceo, scouts, players, players we just signed who haven't played for us yet and players we're supposedly interested in, unless of course we don't sign a player we're supposedly interested in which case they're good and we're still shit. I think that just about covers things.

That post is shit! Give your head a wobble.

Are the 3 players we just bought in any good God knows. But Smith wanted them so on his head be it.And come summer he has to bring in more new players .l can't wait to see who he get to replace Abrams

I remember being furious when Graham Taylor spent £200k on some nobody from Crewe. David something or other.
And when Ron Saunders signed some journeyman centre forward with a dodgy looking beard as a kind of replacement for Andy Gray. If my memory serves me well, the said journeyman, scored 20 goals in the season of 80/81 and shinned a lucky goal in a match against some German team in 82.
Now, I can't for the life of me remember who it was - I must be getting old now.

And when Ron Saunders signed some journeyman centre forward with a dodgy looking beard as a kind of replacement for Andy Gray. If my memory serves me well, the said journeyman, scored 20 goals in the season of 80/81 and shinned a lucky goal in a match against some German team in 82.
Now, I can't for the life of me remember who it was - I must be getting old now.

Yep 500K for a bloke who had been pensioned off by Cloughie to Newcastle in the second division, we were doing our nuts about it. That was a third of what we got for Andy, wasted by Ron Saunders.
Little did we know big Pete was indeed the missing link, forming a formidable partnership with one of our own Gary Shaw. We've never seen the likes of since.
Much is talked about Withey's 20 goals but the real deal was his hold up play, which was the best in England. He brought Shaw Morty and Morley into play.

I'm surprised by some of the negative comments. We are still working FFP and have a big wage bill. I have no idea if the new players will help us reach the play offs but hope they do.