The Official January Transfer Window Thread. | Page 44 | Vital Football

The Official January Transfer Window Thread.

We turned £24m Darren "HMV" Bent into a £500k cast off within 3 years . That's impressive even by our own lofty standards.
Up there with the Curtis Davies transactions

To be fair bent had a terrible injury that ruled him out for 6 months and he never recovered. Plus by the time he was back we had Benteke who was better than he ever was anyway.

The official line is to only bring players in to improve the team. Think there is a lot of lazy click bait around, and I will be really pee'd off if we bring in another Yannick Bollasie type.

I think that Edens is insisting on building with young players (it's working very well at his NBA team). That would eliminate the Cahills of the world and would explain why Bolassie has gone back.

Reports in some papers that SCO Angers might be interested in taking Kodjia back.
Maybe we could get them to use Baptiste Santamaria as part of the fee.
He's the DM we were reportedly interested in before the window opened.

I think that Edens is insisting on building with young players (it's working very well at his NBA team). That would eliminate the Cahills of the world and would explain why Bolassie has gone back.

US sports have a very different structure though due to the draft systems they use and salary caps. They try to create an even playing field to give everyone a shot at being champions. I dont think it does any harm having 2 or 3 experienced heads on the pitch. Last year I'd say JT and Snoddy were 2 of our nest players.

Reports in some papers that SCO Angers might be interested in taking Kodjia back.
Maybe we could get them to use Baptiste Santamaria as part of the fee.
He's the DM we were reportedly interested in before the window opened.

Angers couldn't afford anything like his wages so it would have to be a loan deal with use paying most of his wages.

Think Kodjia is doing fine for DS. Suspect neither wants a move to take place.

US sports have a very different structure though due to the draft systems they use and salary caps. They try to create an even playing field to give everyone a shot at being champions. I dont think it does any harm having 2 or 3 experienced heads on the pitch. Last year I'd say JT and Snoddy were 2 of our nest players.
Agreed.... there’s this bloke called Tom Brady who’s not doing too badly in the NFL at 41 right now... :grinning: His 68 year old head coach is a bit of a dinosaur though.... :rofl:

Agreed.... there’s this bloke called Tom Brady who’s not doing too badly in the NFL at 41 right now... :grinning: His 68 year old head coach is a bit of a dinosaur though.... :rofl:

Yeah they need to get someone young and hungry in. The modern game has left these dinosaurs behind ;)