The Official January Transfer Window Thread. | Page 43 | Vital Football

The Official January Transfer Window Thread.

Delighted to read this if true..
"This is an offer of a few million euros, with bonuses depending on his playing time and a possible rise in the Premier League"

Should apply to players wages also in the future. Pay linked to performance and appearances. No more sh*t holes like Richards, Gabby, McCormak e.t.c., e.t.c. (list far too long !)

Think the bonuses would be to Caen, not the player.

He started off at Blues didn't he? Doesn't fill me with excitement, I doubt he'd be much of an upgrade on the current midfield.

Doesn't really fit what we need, which is a leader in midfield. He hasn't shown much on his loan at Shrewsbury. If we want to take a punt on someone that sort of age why not bring back Tshibola or give Doyle Hayes a go?

I remember Blues fans loved him 8 or 9 years ago. He hasn't done a fat lot since he left there and seems to move clubs every year or two.
It certainly feels like we are dipping into the bargain bins to try and find players this month

Hogan, McCormack and Elphick. Monumentally appalling business. Not difficult top see why we have ended up where we are.

Think the bad part of the business for the first two is spending so much on them and not to then play to their strengths. We've done it with so many strikers.

Think how you want to play, how you want to set up your team, THEN go buy the right striker. It can't be that difficult a concept for managers can it?

I think Hogan had a couple of really bad injuries that have caught up with him. One before we signed him? The bad ones catch up with you in the end. McCormack was a bad egg apparently.
I take your point though, playing Kodjia on the wing is an obvious recent example