The Official January Transfer Window Thread. | Page 42 | Vital Football

The Official January Transfer Window Thread.

I think the powers that be have virtually given up on this season and are tightening the purse strings ready for the financial challenge coming next season with no parachute payments.

Most players were dire under Bruce. It will be interesting to see how Green gets on under Smith.

Ahh the old, If they played badly under Bruce it's Bruce's fault, if they play badly under Smith it's the players fault.

I was waiting for that.

We beat Norwich at home 4-1 2 seasons ago , both green & Davis were superb and looked good for the future, for whatever reasons they have not kicked on

Being linked a lot with Islam Slimani this morning. He'd probably do well in this league but he's 30 and he's a striker. Smith said in his press conference yesterday that were too top heavy so I can't see this being true.

Also Tyrone Mings. Bournemouth defender, van play centre half or left back. Only on loan though.

Being linked a lot with Islam Slimani this morning. He'd probably do well in this league but he's 30 and he's a striker. Smith said in his press conference yesterday that were too top heavy so I can't see this being true.

Also Tyrone Mings. Bournemouth defender, van play centre half or left back. Only on loan though.

I cant see any truth in the Slimani link whatsoever, probably just his agent getting his name out there to alert others.

Who knows if we are dragging our feet in the transfer window for sure. We may have identified players, started discussions and the player or his agent has made ridiculous demands or is not interested. The other players club may have knocked us back. There are lots of reasons for the current perceived inactivity.

I hear people on this site stating that we shouldn't give out ridiculous contracts and in the next breath, the hierarchy are lazy for not getting anything across the line. We need players who will improve the current team at the right price. Otherwise we could end up with another Bolasie, who divides opinion and can hardly be described as value for money (whatever percentage we are actually paying of his contract).

Everyone moans about how ridiculous player wages and player power is and yet they slate the club for having no ambition. Please just understand that Wes Eden's has said we will develop sustainably and accept that we will not be going bust any time soon. I have faith in the hierarchy and that they have Villa's best interests at heart. I want a properly run club first and foremost, after that I will look at league positions.

Isaac Hayden, former U21 midfielder from Newcastle mentioned. I reckon the papers are sticking a pin in squads and seeing what comes up.

If we leave this transfer window having not signed some 30 year old + journeyman, never was on exorbitant wages then we will have taken the right path.

Get rid of what we can and sign potential with a view to the future a la Kortney Hause. If they don't work, move on and replace. That's the way we will eventually put together a decent team IMO.

We should sign Sawyers.

Cut out the negative midfield play and go for the throat as we know our defense isn't good enough.

Also if Jack goes at the end of the season we have an attacking midfielder who's already settled at the club.

Found this on twitter....

Aston Villa have made an approach to sign highly-rated French defender Frederic Guilbert. Guilbert would be very interested in making a move to Aston Villa if they can agree a deal with Caen. [@SportsPeteO] #avfc

Delighted to read this if true..
"This is an offer of a few million euros, with bonuses depending on his playing time and a possible rise in the Premier League"

Should apply to players wages also in the future. Pay linked to performance and appearances. No more sh*t holes like Richards, Gabby, McCormak e.t.c., e.t.c. (list far too long !)