The Official January Transfer Window Thread. | Page 10 | Vital Football

The Official January Transfer Window Thread.

He is a very decent goalie indeed. No way would Burnley have signed Hart if he hadn't had done his shoulder in.

Very good keeper, but only with a view to buying. Can't see Burnley wanting to sell unless we offer big bucks and Joe Hart is cemented as their No.1

To be fair to Dyche, I like his ruthlessness. No sentiment in football, he had to put Burnley first.

Heaton was No.1 and playing for England, got injured and lost his place to Pope.

Pope then got injured and Heaton was unfortunate enough to get injured again, so what was Dyche to do? Loan someone crap when there's a guy with a tonne of England caps available?

Nope... he gets Hart in. And now Hart has the shirt it will no doubt be his until he gets injured.

Crazy situation that Burnley probably have 3 of the top 8 English keepers but Dyche was merely putting his club first and I salute him for that.

Bain is 25 and has the advantage over Moukoudi by being able to play as a defensive midfielder as well as a centreback, who because he is two footed, is equally at home playing right or left side of central defence.

I feel that having the ability to play multiple positions is only a big advantage when your manager is Yohan Cruyff or Pep.

The majority of managers stick the players in their absolute best position and only play the adaptable players out of position in dire straits. Now I was about to point out that unless your player is highly adaptable or you have a brilliant your results will be varied but in Dean Smith perhaps we have that brilliant coach too.

I think there will be a few keepers keen for a move come the summer (if not before, but they'll be aiming for PL clubs) - at least 1 of the 3 at Burnley plus Butland if Stoke stay mid-table as he is close to losing his England #2 position right now.

I think there will be a few keepers keen for a move come the summer (if not before, but they'll be aiming for PL clubs) - at least 1 of the 3 at Burnley plus Butland if Stoke stay mid-table as he is close to losing his England #2 position right now.

I think it's more likely that two out of the three international keepers at Burnley will be wanting a move come summer.
It says something about a clubs keepers when Joe Hart is the least effective of the three.

I understand why Joe Hart was signed by Burnley, with both Heaton and Pope injured.
Heaton has now recovered from his injury, while Pope hasn't yet got over a bad shoulder injury.
Reports are that Heaton will be available for a loan out in the January transfer window, which must mean that Hart is seen as the clubs number one goalkeeper.
When Pope fully recovers from his injury Burnley's management are going to have a tricky problem to solve.

Did anyone hear the WM phone in tonight, there was a bloke phoned in claiming he's a mate of a Burnley player and that Heaton would kill for a move to the mighty Villa?

Did anyone hear the WM phone in tonight, there was a bloke phoned in claiming he's a mate of a Burnley player and that Heaton would kill for a move to the mighty Villa?

Yes I heard that. Interesting and great if true. Get the deal done for 1st January.

This is just a feeling and I'm practising my sports "journalism" here but we'll be in for Rico Henry from Brentford, England u20 left back and followed Deano from Walsall. Brentford won't resist a bid it's how they roll,
The lad was also from Brum

I could see us going after five Brentford players in the transfer window, Bentley, Henry, Barbet, Yennaris and Watkins.
Depending on what happens with Grealish, you could add Sawyers to that list.