The Official January 2020 Transfer Window Thread. | Page 24 | Vital Football

The Official January 2020 Transfer Window Thread.

Alfredo Morelos has got more red cards this season 2018/19) than there were in the 2018 World Cup (5-4). There were 736 players at the 2018 World Cup NOW that's impressive lol

For the record, I don't think Morelos is the answer for us. But in fairness to the boy, the standard of refereeing in Scotland is worse than even the Championship (no mean feat), so questions could reasonably be asked as to one or two of his dismissals, I would imagine.

He does like to put himself about a bit though :punch:

Whoever posted that Bowen only follows AVFC on his Instagram is absolutely correct I was sad enough to check. Is it coincidence? The kid is class and he’s only 22.
That was me, good sir.

We're as sad as each other!

It is very peculiar. There's got to be a reason for it. Seeing as he's distanced himself from being a fan... it just makes it even more odd and you can't blame people jumping to conclusions seeing that.

For the record, I don't think Morelos is the answer for us. But in fairness to the boy, the standard of refereeing in Scotland is worse than even the Championship (no mean feat), so questions could reasonably be asked as to one or two of his dismissals, I would imagine.

I think most of his reds were for off the ball incidents as opposed to a red judging that he's caught someone late. The bloke is a lunatic.

Yes. Gerrard doesn't pick him against Celtic anymore because Scott Brown winds him up and gets him sent off. Aberdeen do the same I think he was sent off 3 times against them last season.

Total liability imho.

If nothing else we could have side bets with our mates during the game as to when the next card will come.

I would welcome him back with open arms nothing to lose as what we have now BUT his reputation would count for nothing at villa if it went tits up ?

That was last season. This season he’s had 2 yellows and zero reds.
Probably hard to get a booking on the bench but it does happen lol.he's got 6 yellows this season and the last was the weekend just gone. ONLY JUST coming on the pitch in the 4 minutes of added on time lmao.

Last edited:
Probably hard to get a booking on the bench but it does happen lol.he's got 6 yellows this season and the last was the weekend just gone. ONLY JUST coming on the pitch in the 4 minutes of added on time lmao.

Well I am looking at his league stats lol. which was 1 until yesterday, so now two. 9 goals in 12 aint a bad scoring record, but seeing as we are now counting all his Europa league stats he's got 22 goals in 26 games and its only November, carry on at this rate and he'll be getting close to 40 by the end of the season.
I've watched them a couple of times recently and he's impressed me. Very lively, got great movement off the ball and finishes well. Yes its Scotland, but not many of us thought McGinn was going to be up to much either. He seems to have calmed down a bit this year, whereas last season he was reacting to every provocation from opposition players trying to wind him up.
Not saying I think we will sign him, but he's a realistic target and I wouldn't be complaining at all if we did move for him.

Re: Scotland and Morelos, I've never watched him but Henrik Larsson went on the play at United and Barcelona. I am not saying he is anything like Larsson and the quality in Scotland was much better and more on par with the EPL than it is today.

I do think as a realistic target I'd agree he could have something. My only fear of getting him in is that he'd be like Mitrovic a head case and no better than Championship standard. The fact that he does have a drive inside him might make us more competitive.

Well I am looking at his league stats lol. which was 1 until yesterday, so now two. 9 goals in 12 aint a bad scoring record, but seeing as we are now counting all his Europa league stats he's got 22 goals in 26 games and its only November, carry on at this rate and he'll be getting close to 40 by the end of the season.
I've watched them a couple of times recently and he's impressed me. Very lively, got great movement off the ball and finishes well. Yes its Scotland, but not many of us thought McGinn was going to be up to much either. He seems to have calmed down a bit this year, whereas last season he was reacting to every provocation from opposition players trying to wind him up.
Not saying I think we will sign him, but he's a realistic target and I wouldn't be complaining at all if we did move for him.
All very true mate he looks good when I have seen him,maybe it's just a hot-headed Scottish football thing lol
Here's where I have seen his stats for this season,maybe diff sites have diff stats.
https://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=90837
Your right,most bookings have been Europa League

I've said it before, he's crocked. The injury he had with us he has never gotten over. You can see it, total lack of mobility in his hips which has sapped him of his upper body strength and jumping power.

Sadly he's done, so lets move on.