The Official January 2020 Transfer Window Thread. | Page 17 | Vital Football

The Official January 2020 Transfer Window Thread.

Read somewhere that Beckham wanted to sign Bale for his new Miami team. Loads of golf courses out there and a piss poor league where he would look a superstar.

Is that Beckham team going ahead? They have been talking about it for so long I assumed it was all pie in the sky.

They just lost the CAS appeal didn't they? Have I missed something?

Just that in that report there is this bit

When the decision from the adjudicatory chamber of UEFA's Club Financial Control Board is announced next month, there will likely be calls for UEFA to scrap the current FFP system.

There is a belief, according to the report, that the system is impossible to police.

There could still be appeals against the decision if it is deemed too lenient by other clubs.

Just that in that report there is this bit

When the decision from the adjudicatory chamber of UEFA's Club Financial Control Board is announced next month, there will likely be calls for UEFA to scrap the current FFP system.

There is a belief, according to the report, that the system is impossible to police.

There could still be appeals against the decision if it is deemed too lenient by other clubs.

Interesting. I wonder if our new owners are keen to splash the cash if the FFP is abolished.

I was wondering that too BB.

The FFP gave cover to a lot of owners who didn't want to blow their inheritance on a football club like Randy did. I wouldn't fault our owners if they didn't think spending a billion quid on players' wages was a good idea.

The FFP gave cover to a lot of owners who didn't want to blow their inheritance on a football club like Randy did. I wouldn't fault our owners if they didn't think spending a billion quid on players' wages was a good idea.

I'm in agreement with this, if FFP got trashed then I think a lot of owners would tread cautiously.

No Bale or Zlatan agreements in place yet .

Smith out, Purslow out.

Everybody out.

I mean someone had a good point that Zlatan would be expensive but it would only be short term, if we got him in January I can guarantee we will stay up and he'd probably bag 20 goals. One can dream though haha.

I mean someone had a good point that Zlatan would be expensive but it would only be short term, if we got him in January I can guarantee we will stay up and he'd probably bag 20 goals. One can dream though haha.

Someone had a good point?. Yeah that would have been me :lol:.
Agree guaranteed survival. And with Bale, Europa at least.

Jarrod Bowen. Lazy jounalism linking the lad from a Villa family or does it have legs?

He's identikit for us. Young, pedigree, very cheap ( out of contract in summer). Basically, risk free.

We only play one striker so in my mind, that rules out a big money striker. Big money wide man though...