The Official January 2020 Transfer Window Thread. | Vital Football

The Official January 2020 Transfer Window Thread.

The 2 we were heavily linked with just before the end of the window, Jean Agustin and Wissam Ben Yedder both ended up at Monaco. Both are smaller, quicker players than any of the centre forwards we currently have on the books so maybe we'll be looking at similar players.

Personally I think we should go for a loan and see where we are come the end of the season.

I’m a big fan of Mitrovic, he gets some flak for having not a great Premiership goal scoring record but he was early 20’s and playing for a shit Geordie team. Fulham were tragic last year yet he still scored 9 goals which was respectable.

In the right set up, he would score goals in the top flight and I believe we have a team and style of play which would suit him and probably more importantly, complement our current players and style. Before Fulham signed him, they played lovely football but with no end product. They signed Mitro and he drove to the next level, they got it forward through him and he was there to finish it off.

The obvious elephant in the room is that he’s probably similar to what we want Wesley to be, but say we buy a Maupay/Hogan type player, we have to play a different formation and style to suit the new player so I don’t think it’s necessarily a bad thing to sign a similar player to what we have as it allows for more consistency.

Personally I think we should go for a loan and see where we are come the end of the season.

I see what you mean, but I think it might be a lot harder to do that in the PL than the Championship ie, Grabban,

Probably have to go abroad to get any quality, better if they have PL experience of scoring goals too.

What's Demba Ba up to these days?