The Official January 2020 Transfer Window Thread. | Page 26 | Vital Football

The Official January 2020 Transfer Window Thread.

How about a cheeky bid for James Ward Prowse 25 over 250 premier league games out of contract in the summer I think. Flips a decent free-kick and can play a bit. Must be going stale at Southampton. Step up from Lansbury and Hourihane.

The Villa Report on Twitter are reporting that we're expected to have a fairly quiet January with a winger the only position we really looking to invest in.

Take from that what you will. They seem to be a fairly more reliable one of these sorts of page. A dosage of salt should be applied nonetheless.

I'd be keeping an eye on Marcus Thuram of Munchengladbach. Son of Lillian Thuram the 22 yr old has played 13 games, scored 6 and assisted 4 in the Bundesliga. He is contracted until 2023. Only signed in July.
Moussa Dembele of Lyon has played 14, scored 10 with 0 assists.

I know players of this quality will cost but, they are doing the business in top leagues, so are less of a risk than someone like Rangers Morelos, who although prolific, is only playing in a league the equivalent of the third tier of English football.

Always rated Dembele when he was at Fulham.

If we signed him that would be a major coup in my opinion.

Not sure if it's possible though.

The Villa Report on Twitter are reporting that we're expected to have a fairly quiet January with a winger the only position we really looking to invest in.

Take from that what you will. They seem to be a fairly more reliable one of these sorts of page. A dosage of salt should be applied nonetheless.

They tend to quote the Birmingham Mail quite a bit though, so scepticism should definitely remain.

I think we need to "stock up" with players as they become available, it's not as if you can buy them anytime like the old days.
I understand we need firepower but id a decent player in any position is available we should be in for them
3 or 4 injuries and we will struggle with the bench we have. Shift out Koj Lansbury Taylor and bring in 3 more or whatever is going at the time

I think we need to "stock up" with players as they become available, it's not as if you can buy them anytime like the old days.
I understand we need firepower but id a decent player in any position is available we should be in for them
3 or 4 injuries and we will struggle with the bench we have. Shift out Koj Lansbury Taylor and bring in 3 more or whatever is going at the time

You can only name 25 players in the squad so it’s not like you can “stock up” on players, equally players aren’t going to sign if they aren’t going to get reasonable game time because they’ve only been signed as injury cover. I don’t believe we should buy players for the sake of buying players either, we need to identify the key weak areas (IMO striker and winger) and bring in high quality first team options in those positions, we can fart about signing back up options at another time

Always rated Dembele when he was at Fulham.

If we signed him that would be a major coup in my opinion.

Not sure if it's possible though.

He was great at Fulham and to be honest his move to Celtic was something of a stunner. I definitely expected him to go to the premiership.
I reckon an offer of £35-£40 million could get him.
The beauty is, he's already lived in the UK for several years, so settling in wouldn't take too long.
He's scored where ever he's played and he's still only 23.
I think he could become an even better player under DS's tutelege.
He's a big lad and is pretty good in the air and he doesn't mind putting himself about a bit.

I think Thuram is going to be a great forward, he's only 22 but he's built.
He can knock those big centrebacks off the ball.
He has a quick brain and quick feet in the box.
It looks like he's one of those who have a magnetism for the ball in the box.
I've only seen him in three games for Munchengladbach but, he has impressed me. The potential I see is unlimited.
Again a player who, under the guidance of DS, could become one of the strikers every one would fear.
A pity he signed for 'Gladbach in July this year and is contracted until 2023.

You can only name 25 players in the squad so it’s not like you can “stock up” on players, equally players aren’t going to sign if they aren’t going to get reasonable game time because they’ve only been signed as injury cover. I don’t believe we should buy players for the sake of buying players either, we need to identify the key weak areas (IMO striker and winger) and bring in high quality first team options in those positions, we can fart about signing back up options at another time

I didn't mean back up players, we are hardly a champions League side with the exception of Super Jack and a couple of others they are all replaceable if we get chance. If top players are there we should nail them
We'll be a good side when 5 of our current regulars are on the bench our current bench is really weak and offer next to nothing

Benrahma seems to be the name that keeps popping up. Looks quality, but you'd have to wonder why he's still at Brentford. And he's another right-footer, we have 3 don't we?

Why a striker isn't a huge priority is beyond me.

Bowen looks nailed on to me.