The Official January 2020 Transfer Window Thread. | Page 25 | Vital Football

The Official January 2020 Transfer Window Thread.

There's a centre forward playing for SC Paderborn in the Bundesliga called Mamba who has notched 5 goals and an assist in 10 games so far this season. Could be worth a good look.

Joking aside, Bowen does seem to know the way to goal. Could he step up a division and still keep scoring? We wouldn't be after a player who couldn't find his arse with a roadmap let alone the back of the net so speculation about a proven goal scorer seems legitimate.

Hopefully watching them both wearing Villa shirts. Maupay and Bowen would make a lively pair, Mr Nasty and Mr Goals.

Wesley scored 2 goals at Norwich apparently that proved the doubters wrong?

I wonder if we are watching Bowen or just quoting that he's scored 2 goals, I watched him against the 10 men of Bpro the other day and he did ok and yes scored two goals but against the 11 men of Boro he never had a kick but stats say he scored 2 goals.
He also plays the same position as SJM and he couldn't lace John's boots for work rate

Hopefully watching them both wearing Villa shirts. Maupay and Bowen would make a lively pair, Mr Nasty and Mr Goals.

I wonder if we are watching Bowen or just quoting that he's scored 2 goals, I watched him against the 10 men of Bpro the other day and he did ok and yes scored two goals but against the 11 men of Boro he never had a kick but stats say he scored 2 goals.
He also plays the same position as SJM and he couldn't lace John's boots for work rate
Disagree Villan 57, Bowen is an out and out forward with young legs and enthusiasm. SJM is a midfielder with the savvy and legs to get round the box, with an eye for goal. Conclusion,both players who would benefit Aston Villa and that's all that matters.

Disagree Villan 57, Bowen is an out and out forward with young legs and enthusiasm. SJM is a midfielder with the savvy and legs to get round the box, with an eye for goal. Conclusion,both players who would benefit Aston Villa and that's all that matters.

Where would we play him though, like you said he's an out and out forward and we only play with one, and he won't replace Wesley or one of our wingers as he doesn't do defending and he isn't a target type striker.
Deano seems to prefer two wingers who cut in but also do their bit defending.
Watching Bowen he seems to be the No8, playing of the big lump

I've not watched him much this year but last year he scored 22 goals from the right wing, playing as an inside forward.

If he's playing more centrally this year, like you suggest, I suppose it just means he's versatile and has an eye for goal where ever he starts.

Whilst I'm not making a direct comparison to Grealish, if Bowen's out wide then he does a lot of drifting in centrally like Jack does. With the overlapping full backs, I like to think that could work well.

I've not watched him much this year but last year he scored 22 goals from the right wing, playing as an inside forward.

If he's playing more centrally this year, like you suggest, I suppose it just means he's versatile and has an eye for goal where ever he starts.

Whilst I'm not making a direct comparison to Grealish, if Bowen's out wide then he does a lot of drifting in centrally like Jack does. With the overlapping full backs, I like to think that could work well.

You have me there mate, Surely you're either a winger or inside forward. Having watched him for one game he never went near the winger role, he's an old fashioned inside right. A number 8 as Deano calls it, he's not a wide player like ElGhazi or Trez, but he'd have to replace one of them or compete with SJM .

You have me there mate, Surely you're either a winger or inside forward. Having watched him for one game he never went near the winger role, he's an old fashioned inside right. A number 8 as Deano calls it, he's not a wide player

Apologies, when I said winger, I meant simply that he starts on the RW and plays as an inside forward. Not that he's hugging the touchline and pinging balls in, haha.

I think he could fit into our system well. Jack playing narrow on the left and driving into the box and drifting in centrally. Bowen on the right, cutting in and driving in centrally with Targett and Guilbert providing the overlap, width and balls into the box.

There's still room for a midfield three of the usual culprits in that system, if you ask me.

Apologies, when I said winger, I meant simply that he starts on the RW and plays as an inside forward. Not that he's hugging the touchline and pinging balls in, haha.

I think he could fit into our system well. Jack playing narrow on the left and driving into the box and drifting in centrally. Bowen on the right, cutting in and driving in centrally with Targett and Guilbert providing the overlap, width and balls into the box.

There's still room for a midfield three of the usual culprits in that system, if you ask me.

Yes I agree dump ElGhazi and Trez