The Official Hull City Match Thread (sponsored by Tom Eeeeaaaaves "for all your hattri....what? Nobby says it never happened again? needs") | Page 8 | Vital Football

The Official Hull City Match Thread (sponsored by Tom Eeeeaaaaves "for all your hattri....what? Nobby says it never happened again? needs")

Really good performance that and a good game to watch. Both sides had enough chances to win it so a draw probably a fair result. Given other results a point is good but a win would have been fantastic.

Still in it though. On to the next one.

Well done Gills, good point and good attitude in chasing the game to the very end - unlucky for Samuel (think it was him) who hit the post at the death.

O`Connor had a better second half and made some key blocks and Bonham had a much better game than the commentators gave him credit for; hopefully Cundy will be fit soon - we did looked a little unsettled at the back without him.

Graham still not his usual self, doesn`t help that he now finds himself up against two defenders on most occasions he gets the ball but, maybe he`s still not over a knock ?

Great hit from Lee, who has a knack of being Johnny on the spot and good also to see Samuel back in the mix, Akinde will now struggle to keep his starting place.

Well done boys, would have loved to have crossed the Pennines to get another new ground under the belt, maybe next season !

Smashing game - proper old school lower league scrap and, despite what their commentators said, it was very much TWO physical and dircect, largely long-ball teams, and it made for good viewing.

We were good value and deserved our equaliser, but after that, we were hanging on a bit and Hull missed some great chances. However, as we closed in we had a couple of great chances to win it too - a goalmouth scramble saw the ball sit up for O'Jilvie who could easily have buried it from about 6 yards, but the defender bravely blocked it, then the piece de resistance with Samuel coming on and almost deflecting a Oliver header in to win it from close range, but hitting the post. To be fair, Samuel looked offside to me and as it was the last kick of the game and the ref blew up straight away, I wonder whether it may have been given as offside and the ref just blew up as time was up (I didn't see across to the lino).

A winner for us would have been harsh on Hull, but we definitely deserved a draw, despite what their comms said, having hit the post twice and should have had a stonewall penalty for Oliver being manhandled.

Great to keep the momentum going. We still have an ourtside chance of the playoffs, but for me we needed to take four points from the last two games and the two points shelled from the Donny game might mean we've got too much to do and meant we probably needed to win today, which we almost did.

Two very winnable next home games v Wigan and Shrewsbury and if we win those or even take 4 points, we have two massive away games and chances to push towards those playoffs against Blackpool and Oxford.

Smashing game - proper old school lower league scrap and, despite what their commentators said, it was very much TWO physical and dircect, largely long-ball teams, and it made for good viewing.

We were good value and deserved our equaliser, but after that, we were hanging on a bit and Hull missed some great chances. However, as we closed in we had a couple of great chances to win it too - a goalmouth scramble saw the ball sit up for O'Jilvie who could easily have buried it from about 6 yards, but the defender bravely blocked it, then the piece de resistance with Samuel coming on and almost deflecting a Oliver header in to win it from close range, but hitting the post. To be fair, Samuel looked offside to me and as it was the last kick of the game and the ref blew up straight away, I wonder whether it may have been given as offside and the ref just blew up as time was up (I didn't see across to the lino).

A winner for us would have been harsh on Hull, but we definitely deserved a draw, despite what their comms said, having hit the post twice and should have had a stonewall penalty for Oliver being manhandled.

Great to keep the momentum going. We still have an ourtside chance of the playoffs, but for me we needed to take four points from the last two games and the two points shelled from the Donny game might mean we've got too much to do and meant we probably needed to win today, which we almost did.
Samuel wasn’t offside as there was a defender directly behind him and manhandling him who I think would have blocked Oliver’s initial near post header if it hadn’t hit Samuel on the thigh. Seen it a few times on tv as Sky showed it live.

Last edited:
Worth remembering how Germany very quickly moved from a democracy into a fascist dictatorship...

Of course there were housing shortages (and there still are). The answer was to squat. This right has already been partially removed from the people, now the government want to complete the job.

Postwar squatters:
https://www.historyextra.com/period/second-world-war/postwar-squatters-a-very-british-uprising/

Anyway, if you want to continue this discussion, let's have a new thread. Apologies everyone, I perhaps shouldn't have commented about Only Fools and Horses.
Fools & Horses is fine, but you want to turn most things into politics.

FFS
Let it go ! Take your obsessive politics to another thread.
This is a match thread.

I have decided to go proper Kent native and will be supping Spitfire Ale for this one.

Hull fans seem to think a comfortable 2-0 .

If we get in to them, I think we can pull off a surprise.
Shotshy, can't you spell "supplying"?