The Official Francis FC Match Thread (sponsored by Winkelman Removals "for all your relocation needs") | Page 9 | Vital Football

The Official Francis FC Match Thread (sponsored by Winkelman Removals "for all your relocation needs")

Anyone remember the Gills Cup match that was called off at half time due to fog, quite a long time ago now? I was in the Town End I think, couldn't see beyond the halfway line

Remember a match v Walsall abandoned in the mid-90s for fog, but thought it was a League match.

Is it just me or is Ogilvie missing a shedload of the trademark sort of headers recently (not tonight) he'd have buried last season but smashing in some belters with his feet?

Entertaining game in the end. Shaky as hell start, but really on reflection I think we probably just shaded it. Happy days. I’m gonna open a good bottle of red and see if the wife fancies an early night 👍

Amazed we won, you'd have expected a cricket score to them after their start to the game. Penalty out of nothing changed it and gave us confidence to impose our game.

3 points and after the first 20 minutes think most of us would have taken that. Think over the 90 minutes we shaded it, just but by God do we make it hard work sometimes.

On to Saturday. Think we might have to play a bit better than tonight to get anything but if we start how we did tonight against Ipswich I'm not expecting anything.

Important win to keep us away from any involvement in what goes on in the lower third of the table.

Important win as it turned £5 into £50 - I hate betting on the gills but the decent odds meant they had to be in my higher risk accumulator.