The Official Francis FC Match Thread (sponsored by Winkelman Removals "for all your relocation needs") | Vital Football

The Official Francis FC Match Thread (sponsored by Winkelman Removals "for all your relocation needs")

HerrLjunga

Vital 1st Team Regular
It's match day again!

Another early kick-off tonight (6.00pm) as we "entertain" MK Dons, a team whose very existence still irritates me unnecessarily. Given it's been 17 years since the city of Milton Keynes was simply given league football, I probably should get over it, but there's something inherently soulless and plasticky about the whole set-up that sticks in my massive craw.

Having narrowly avoided the drop last season, the club formerly known as Wimbledon have had a season much like our, own sitting one place and one point above us in 14th position with a palindromic W11 D9 L11 record.

However, they have a number of potentially dangerous players to keep an eye out for, the ageing Cameron Jerome who scored against us in the reverse fixture, Sunderland loanee Will Grigg who will be looking to re-ignite given he was barely smouldering whilst on Wearside and the newly arrived Josh McEachran, rumoured to have been one of our transfer targets. We were informed that he was awaiting a move to Real Madrid, but it appears that any team with a boring all-white kit and massive, empty stadium will do for Josh.

The reverse fixture earlier this season was HORRIBLE. I somehow wangled a free code for the game and still felt I was owed a refund after an inept and dispiriting display by the boys in blue (well red, why we couldn't have played in blue is beyond me). Amazingly, I still continued to shell out for further defeats until I (and others) began to realise that I was the Jonah of this board. Viewing of live matches is now verboten in my house.

Tonight, alas, I cannot even listen to the match commentary, a thrilling Joint Planning Committee meeting on Zoom sadly takes priority, so I'll be on the club's Twitter feed wishing that I was listening to Peter Parker describing some "thud and blunder" action with more than a few gentleman's excuse mes.

Enjoy the game wherever you may be and UTG!

James Morton, joined on loan from Bristol City until the end of the season.
The 21-year-old central midfielder had a loan spell at Grimsby earlier this season where he'd made 9 appearances.

I tried my hand at being a football manager before logging online this evening, guess what, I got the team line-up write although I didn't get the subs completely correct - missed out on Morton. Maybe they can give me SEs' job should he decide to leave us.....anyway

COYG