The Emi Buendia Thread | Page 14 | Vital Football

The Emi Buendia Thread

Isaiah Osbourne.... didn't he once say he was the new Viera?
The trend is going away now, with this play from the back malarky that os in vogue at the moment. One thing it's doing is leaving clubs vulnerable to the tall players at corners. We could end up with just Konsa and Mings as our only players over 6ft

The trend is going away now, with this play from the back malarky that os in vogue at the moment. One thing it's doing is leaving clubs vulnerable to the tall players at corners. We could end up with just Konsa and Mings as our only players over 6ft
yes like the 6 foot tall Gungdogan or De Bruyne at 6ft 1 McTominay 6ft 4

“I’m really, really happy in this moment. For me, it’s an amazing step to move to Villa.
“I’m excited to start a new season with the club. He (Dean Smith) told me about the objectives of the club, how he wants the team to play and that was one of the things that convinced me to choose Aston Villa.
“I like the style, the project and the ambition of the club to make very good things this season and in the future. I’m really happy to have this chance this year.”

Click the link to read more

https://www.avfc.co.uk/news/2021/june/Buend-a-hails-amazing-Villa-move/

I'm wondering about the hype here as he's not made the Argentina 28 man squad for Copa America.
I keep reading he's the second coming and better than Jack.
I think I'll take an open view until I see him play

Considering how much he was getting praised I thought we were getting an Argentine first team player and if he is not even in the 28 man squad, then that is a bit worrying. However, the best way to judge if he is money well spent will be once the season starts and how we performs. That is when I will be truly excited.

Considering how much he was getting praised I thought we were getting an Argentine first team player and if he is not even in the 28 man squad, then that is a bit worrying. However, the best way to judge if he is money well spent will be once the season starts and how we performs. That is when I will be truly excited.

That's a bit like saying Konsa can't get into a shit England squad.

Yes he’s only got to compete with Messi for that right wing spot in the Argie side so he must be shite then

i am glad he did not make the 28 man squad. It gives him a challenge. Martinez has only just got in the squad, so he will be his mentor. I have no doubt at all he will be our signing of the season, we are in for a change in the way we play with flare all over the pitch ......

You’ve not said one good bloody thing on this thread about signing him, so I’m sure that’ll change.

Really?.
Wrong .
Not that I needed to but I have just checked back and confirmed that I have posted twice in this thread . One talking about a shite JWP rumour (sorry Mods!) and the other a tongue in cheek post about him not making the Argies bench the other night .

So, I presume you are talking about the pre signing debates in the summer transfer thread where i was using the interest in Buendia to make my long standing viewpoint that to break top 4 and probably 6 we need to be shopping in a certain market at some stage like the current top 4-6 do and have done for years. Not once did I say Buendia was a bad player. Unlike you and a few others I haven’t spent a weird amount of time watching Norwich so cannot say either way what he is or isn’t . So like a few others I will get behind him as I always do Villa players when they sign and then form my opinion when I see him play for us .

So nice one, you named checked myself and Silhill in a post when neither were interacting with you trying to be a smart arse but have just come across as a bit of a tit tbh.

I'm wondering about the hype here as he's not made the Argentina 28 man squad for Copa America.
I keep reading he's the second coming and better than Jack.
I think I'll take an open view until I see him play

Tongue in cheek point I made in the week.

Wash your mouth out and conform with what others say about Buendia in future please.