The Emi Buendia Thread | Page 11 | Vital Football

The Emi Buendia Thread

At first, I thought this rent-a-gob was just trying to be controversial and gain more attention on Twitter but you can see he really means what he says and displays such unfounded arrogance and is so dismissive of "Aston Villa" that it makes the signing of Emi Buendia even sweeter.

But what this arrogant tosser forgot to add was that Aston ....Villa took 6 points off Arsenal and totally outplayed them at the Emirates. Yes the underling club that scored 4 goals against them and their former keeper had two clean sheets. That club that Buendia sees B6 as a much better prospect than an oversized library in North London.
Get used to it - the Lion is starting to roar again and we are on the way back. "Do you want to bet against us?"

I did have to laugh. A Villa fan has posted on the Norwich fans forum. A very nice, well intended post but easily perceived as been patronising and poor timing.

One of the carrot crunchers has responded with, "Piss off and take Ray Graydon with ya" :lol:
Lots of people will miss the irony of what he said as Ray scored the winner against them in the league cup final 1975. Brilliant.
(46 years ago. They have long memories.)

Lots of people will miss the irony of what he said as Ray scored the winner against them in the league cup final 1975. Brilliant.
(46 years ago. They have long memories.)
And I never saw the goal! For those old enough, good old Ray Graydon had developed a habit of missing penalties in the lead up to the final. When he stepped up to take it I just could not watch so stood with my back to the pitch looking up at the fans behind me. There was a roar as he run up to take it and then an almighty groan as Kevin Keelan pushed it onto the post and then another roar as the Grader banged in the rebound.

And I never saw the goal! For those old enough, good old Ray Graydon had developed a habit of missing penalties in the lead up to the final. When he stepped up to take it I just could not watch so stood with my back to the pitch looking up at the fans behind me. There was a roar as he run up to take it and then an almighty groan as Kevin Keelan pushed it onto the post and then another roar as the Grader banged in the rebound.
Remember it like it was yesterday. My second time at Wembley the first was against Spurs.

I'll never forget the old man yelling "he's perishing missed it....... yesssssss!"

ha ha yes those were the days
The 71 final was my first Wembley trip and I recall my first view inside the stadium - mesmerising. Awestruck by the Vila support that day - and for some reason, one abiding memory was that Spurs had yellow socks. Kit changes were rare so we didn't take much pleasing.

*I do appreciate this is roaming off topic*