The Emi Buendia Thread | Page 10 | Vital Football

The Emi Buendia Thread

Exactly, I’d only put Jack in the middle if it’s to keep him happy, he said he prefers playing n10 for England.
He’s better on the left wing than in a central role. I think that unorthodox style of being a winger who plays like a central “number 10” is part of what makes him so good because defenders simply do not know if he’s going to take them on like a winger or play a pass like a playmaker midfielder. When he stays more central he’s a decent number 10 but not exceptional.

Buendia has traditionally played as a winger too so not sure if he needs to be switch centrally either. I don’t think you necessarily need a “number 10” if you’ve got quality wide players who consistently create chances which both Buendia and Grealish do, and central midfielders who can remain solid but also contribute in the attack (which McGinn (or Ward Prowse) can).

Last edited:
Have to say I'm happy about this transfer. Maybe it's a sense of relief that the transfer forum can get a bit of variety now..?
But seriously, he's obviously a decent player and has his best years ahead of him. He seems to have calmed down on the disciplinary side of things now and is certainly an upgrade on Barkley. Seems to have a good off-ball workrate too.

He’s better on the left wing than in a central role. I think that unorthodox style of being a winger who plays like a central “number 10” is part of what makes him so good because defenders simply do not know if he’s going to take them on like a winger or play a pass like a playmaker midfielder. When he stays more central he’s a decent number 10 but not exceptional.

Buendia has traditionally played as a winger too so not sure if he needs to be switch centrally either. I don’t think you necessarily need a “number 10” if you’ve got quality wide players who consistently create chances which both Buendia and Grealish do, and central midfielders who can remain solid but also contribute in the attack (which McGinn (or Ward Prowse) can).

Grealish and Buendia doing those one twos would literally carve through any team and we’d be far more effective than shoving them both on the wing without that player in the middle to link it all up, unless Watkins starts playing as a false number 9 and drops back a lot deeper to start the attacks.

I agree Grealish probably is more effective on the wings but like I said in the message you quoted it’s about keeping him happy, one of the best players in the world, everyone wants him, he wants to play in the middle you let him play in the middle.

I don’t think it’s a coincidence that he keeps mentioning he loves playing as a number 10 and that’s the role he would love to play for England, seems very much a hint hint at club level too.

Sorry to piss on anyone's bonfire, but I won't believe this is happening until the best mate of the uncle of some t'interweb ITK posts that he's seen Buendia having lunch with Wes and Nas at The Belfry :wagging:

What a shower some of those Arsenal "fans" are. They are clearly completely ignorant as to any other club. For crying out loud I even saw one of the tossers say why would Buendia want to play for Steve Bruce FFS.

Plenty of them still shouting sign Grealish or implying they'd, "let us have" Buendia because they are taking Grealish. :lol:

Comments like why join Villa instead of Arsenal - doesn't he want to win anything? LMFAO.

I can't see anything other than Villa finishing ahead of Arsenal for the foreseeable future.