The Emi Buendia Thread | Page 8 | Vital Football

The Emi Buendia Thread

Just checked, Buendia has played less games than Mings, has twice the amount of tackles and attempted tackles, an again 4 yellow cards weren’t that bad last season, just needs to be more careful when he’s already on a yellow.

I’m only comparing as it rules out the whole concerning being a wide/ attacking player and Mings should have more in comparison.

Perhaps we should tell him to calm the tackles down and let the defensive players do it.

Buendia 136 games, 321 tackles, 566 attempted
Mings, 166 games, 187 tackles, 238 attempted

I read a long article about him last night from the Athletic. He is a "live, breath, eat" football-type. So attempts to reign him in have only been marginally successful. Apparently very willing and wanting to learn and works extremely hard. Passionate about football, as soon as Argentina u20s called him up he left the Spain u20s who were due to play in a tournament that very summer.

Just checked, Buendia has played less games than Mings, has twice the amount of tackles and attempted tackles, an again 4 yellow cards weren’t that bad last season, just needs to be more careful when he’s already on a yellow.

I’m only comparing as it rules out the whole concerning being a wide/ attacking player and Mings should have more in comparison.

Perhaps we should tell him to calm the tackles down and let the defensive players do it.

Buendia 136 games, 321 tackles, 566 attempted
Mings, 166 games, 187 tackles, 238 attempted
I assume that defensive side has to be part of what attracted us to him. I always thought he was a bit lazy off the ball but clearly that is not true. There aren’t many forward players who either create as many chances as him or make as many defensive tackles as him… let alone both at the same time. Last season in the championship he created the most chances per game than anyone else (by 50% more than the next guy) and was 6th for most tackles per game (only defenders and defensive midfielders ahead of him)

Think we've got Marv, Doug, SJM, Sanson and Emil competing for three positions. Nobody owns a position.

Think he might be a shoo-in for Barkley's position, whatever that was.

Think Buendia isn’t going into that midfield three, he’ll be going on the wing or as a number 10 in a 4231.

Assuming Jacks staying on the left, Buendia has no competition as a n10 apart from Chukwuemeka and perhaps Sanson if we’re desperate, but statistics shown Sanson was more like McGinn and it was his workrate and tackling that apparently attracted us to him in the first place, happened at a time McGinn looked pretty poor, perhaps because he was doing 3 jobs in midfield, Barkleys role, Luiz’s defensive work and his own.

If Jack takes up a n10 role we’ll probably see Deano give him that license to cut in on the left with Traore staying on the right, if we’re bringing in another winger/n10 player like Pereira who knows where any of them play, that’ll be something to really piss off the opposition.

€34m + add ons according to some Italian journo or £29.25m in real money.

If he's correct that good value I'd suggest. Also tied into a 5yr contract at £75k per week. I accept that this could all be horse poo, but taken at face value, this seems like a good bit of business.

Whatever the price is we mean business.
Wes pays that Basketball player 178m or something silly so 35m for a footballer is not going to phase our owners.
Just seems to phase s who are not used to or illustrious club spending like that