The Emi Buendia Thread | Page 7 | Vital Football

The Emi Buendia Thread

He was sent off twice this season. He’s a quality player but we need to cut that out of his game,

Always the optimist 🤣 He gets red cards not for his reckless tackles but because he gets so frustrated being fouled all the time and not getting the decisions, different in the Prem you actually get awarded those decisions and with players like Grealish taking the fair share of hits too I reckon he’ll calm down, plus it’s well documented so I’m sure it’s one aspect where the coaches will drill into him that he can’t react the way he does.

Same with players like Mings, lucky not to of been sent off a few more times this season, not out of frustration but just by being a reckless nob.

20/21 2 red card
19/20 1 red card
18/19 1 red card
17/18 1 red card

Last edited:
Always the optimist 🤣 He gets red cards not for his reckless tackles but because he gets so frustrated being fouled all the time and not getting the decisions, different in the Prem you actually get awarded those decisions and with players like Grealish taking the fair share of hits too I reckon he’ll calm down, plus it’s well documented so I’m sure it’s one aspect where the coaches will drill into him that he can’t react the way he does.

Same with players like Mings, lucky not to of been sent off a few more times this season, not out of frustration but just by being a reckless nob.

20/21 2 red card
19/20 1 red card
18/19 1 red card
17/18 1 red card

5 red cards for a 24 year old winger/wide forward is a bit of a concern so hopefully you’re right. As you say I’m sure it’s something our coaches will be focusing on
Surprisingly Mings has only seen red twice in his career, which isn’t bad for a CB

20/21 2 red card
19/20 1 red card
18/19 1 red card
17/18 1 red card
Yes SJM gets fouled a lot too, he rides tackles like McGinn , low centre of gravity and a big arse

5 red cards for a 24 year old winger/wide forward is a bit of a concern so hopefully you’re right. As you say I’m sure it’s something our coaches will be focusing on
Surprisingly Mings has only seen red twice in his career, which isn’t bad for a CB

Let’s be honest Mings should of been sent off against the first England match, and there’s been a couple of times he’s stamped on players heads on purpose, an I’ve lost count how many times he’s literally been lucky to get away with shit, so I’d say he’s been quite fortunate on all accounts, it’s not bad but he’s been lucky.

Grealish, Luiz and Mings all have more yellows than Buendia, they’re the only players I’ve checked, it’s all about not getting that second yellow that he needs to learn.

Also I know what you’re saying with being a winger wide player, but he’s actually got the 5th highest tackles etc probably has more tackles than Mings tbh.

Last edited:
Just checked, Buendia has played less games than Mings, has twice the amount of tackles and attempted tackles, an again 4 yellow cards weren’t that bad last season, just needs to be more careful when he’s already on a yellow.

I’m only comparing as it rules out the whole concerning being a wide/ attacking player and Mings should have more in comparison.

Perhaps we should tell him to calm the tackles down and let the defensive players do it.

Buendia 136 games, 321 tackles, 566 attempted
Mings, 166 games, 187 tackles, 238 attempted