The Emi Buendia Thread | Page 4 | Vital Football

The Emi Buendia Thread

Really excited by the prospect of Buendia. I agree he is probably not top 4 quality but realistically we are not at that level and to make him our number 1 priority shows the scouting team must see a lot in him. We have to be more clever with our recruitment and him players before they reach that level.

Every time I saw him in the prem I was impressed and his stats back that up too. £40m (£38m according to BBC) is possibly too much but that includes add ons and Watkins cost £32m and this guy has arguably been better overall in the last 3 seasons and has top flight experience.

Really excited by the prospect of Buendia. I agree he is probably not top 4 quality but realistically we are not at that level and to make him our number 1 priority shows the scouting team must see a lot in him. We have to be more clever with our recruitment and him players before they reach that level.

Every time I saw him in the prem I was impressed and his stats back that up too. £40m (£38m according to BBC) is possibly too much but that includes add ons and Watkins cost £32m and this guy has arguably been better overall in the last 3 seasons and has top flight experience.
"Not top 4 quality"

A team is the sum of its parts. Great teams can be built without outstanding individuals. Although we are lucky to have one or two of those as well.

I kind of feel a similar vibe to when the great Ron Saunders built his team plucking individuals from here and there, often low key or even obscure
(Below the radar) signings.

I wonder how many more of the Argentine squad Emi can tap up? Messi would be goody for a season or two for when Jack is injured.

I wonder if Luiz and Wesley can tap up Pereira ? They all spoke after the West Brom game and he wouldn’t have to move house 😂

Seriously guys I know some of you have your doubts but we’ve just signed an incredible player in Buendia, I genuinely believe he’ll be worth twice the amount give it 1-2 season.

It’s massively exciting times, even that twonk of a Chelsea fan house mate just shuck my hand and said well done on Buendia 🥴😂

Is Luiz good enough ? Will he improve, can we afford to give him a whole season ? Who someone like Anguissa be an upgrade and make us solid in the middle, McGinn finally having someone he can trust to do the defensive work like Nakamba so he can focus on getting forward.

Will we just put faith in Traore to perform on the right, Jacks favourite position for England is the n10 role, will Deano look to move him more centrally, play Buendia on the left and keep that same style of having players who cut inside.

Hard to see where we’re going next, but bloody hell I’m excited.

On the Norwich forum in the Pink-un they have even started a thread "I Hate Villa Thread":lol:

https://forum.pinkun.com/index.php?/forum/9-main-discussion-norwich-city/

This is a must read. I underestimated the potential for a good laugh and would strongly urge all Villa fans to read the comments:

The best one is a shining example of why one should not be anywhere near a keyboard when high on drugs.

"Unless that offer worth £35m includes Grealish moving the other way that’s a pretty awful piece of business and I hope things work out as well as they did for Lambert"

I’m just scanning through that Norwich forum, their fans are pissed off which tells me we’ve got a good deal here.

A lot of anti Villa hate, which I’ll put down to the emotion of the transfer, as the vast majority of Villa fans wouldn’t have bad things to say about Norwich. But I do laugh when other fans slate us, especially when they’re from a different region and don’t realise how big Villa are in the Midlands.

30m plus add ons, which may or may not get paid. Leaves us with about 100m to spend if past form is anything to go by.

Young and hungry trumps marque every time. Good one.

This is all about adding depth to the squad. It's getting away from permanent fixtures in the starting 11; it's about giving players who deserve it good runs but also resting them when needed. It's about being able to play strong squads in cup runs without affecting PL performance.

And of course it's about taking some of the pressure off Jack.

Wonder who else we've got lined up.