The official Deano's nutter neighbour thread! | Vital Football

The official Deano's nutter neighbour thread!

SKEGGY

Bringer Of The Seasons
To save us trailing through the really interesting thread and saturating it with the latest about Deano's neighbour I believe an official thread is in order!

Talking about living next door to "interesting" people, our youngest son and his wife recently moved to a new house in a small village in Kent. On one level, with all the olde worlde scenery, you'd think you were in the middle of a Miss Marple mystery. However, when the people next door get going, it's more like a (very loud) episode of East Enders.

In response to BB's question about giving him a good whack, I have to admit it did cross my mind, but then I'll be the one who ends up in the shit. Where's the justice in that?

The guy needs locking up the fucking loon!

Sounds like a nutter with not a lot to lose, I wouldnt advise you or Nat start getting involved with arguments and threats etc as his mental state doesnt seem right.

Best to get the police involved and say you are worried for the safety of Nat and the Kids as he is unhinged and started coming over to the car rowing etc etc.

In the mean time get some mates to jump him :35:

I think you'll have no joy with the police you need to contact the local anti social behaviour team, at the council. If this man is as bad as you say I'd be surprised if he isn't under the local CPN team.

I'm sure he's under some kind of community care. There is a woman who comes round to visit him occasionally... could be his sister, but seems more like a social worker to me.

We'll see what the police come back with and then maybe contact the local care in the community people and see if he's known to them.

Also get on to his landlord. Although I'm guessing he wont be too bothered about his noisy and threatening behaviour as long as he gets his rent every month.

The CPN won't discuss his case with you mate, patient confidentiality and all that. I'd stop the woman if you see her and politely tell her what's happening. He's probably skipping on his medication.

In fairness I'd not want to live near Deano either. Says something when the local nutter complains the neighbourhood has gone downhill when Deano moves in lol

Are any of the other neighbours bothered Deano? As per the other thread advice, get together and keep logs, then complain again.

Not sure emailing the police is the best way to communicate with them!

Anyone got any advice on how to deal with an annoying neighbour?

The guy 2 doors down from Nat is not quite the full shilling. In the nicest possible way he's a bit mentally retarded, and thats not me just being nasty, I think he is.

He is constantly shouting at himself in the early hours of the morning while everyone else is trying to sleep. Banging doors, just generally making a racket and talking/shouting to himself.

When he does this he is usually either feeling sorry for himself "Why am I alone, why doesn't anyone like me?" or being a vindictive little fucker and moaning about one of the neighbours.

We've currently got workmen in tiling our bathroom. Yesterday he was shouting over the fence at them having a go at them for smoking and having cups of teas. Today he told one of them to stick thier drill up their arse.

Then just a few minutes ago, me and Nat went out, we were getting in the car and he started banging on the window, we turned round and he started pulling mongol faces up against the glass and shouting his head of again.

Just got back and he's still shouting at himself... apparently I "have a good job... probably fly helicopters or something!"

Nat is sick of him. She's had years of it.

I felt sorry for him before, but after this little episode, fcuk him, I think he needs taking into care or something.

So what do we do? What's our options?

Why did you bloody move near me then if you're going to moan about on here. PM in future ok mate

DeanoVilla - 25/7/2012 18:43

Anyone got any advice on how to deal with an annoying neighbour?

The guy 2 doors down from Nat is not quite the full shilling. In the nicest possible way he's a bit mentally retarded, and thats not me just being nasty, I think he is.

He is constantly shouting at himself in the early hours of the morning while everyone else is trying to sleep. Banging doors, just generally making a racket and talking/shouting to himself.

When he does this he is usually either feeling sorry for himself "Why am I alone, why doesn't anyone like me?" or being a vindictive little fucker and moaning about one of the neighbours.

We've currently got workmen in tiling our bathroom. Yesterday he was shouting over the fence at them having a go at them for smoking and having cups of teas. Today he told one of them to stick thier drill up their arse.

Then just a few minutes ago, me and Nat went out, we were getting in the car and he started banging on the window, we turned round and he started pulling mongol faces up against the glass and shouting his head of again.

Just got back and he's still shouting at himself... apparently I "have a good job... probably fly helicopters or something!"

Nat is sick of him. She's had years of it.

I felt sorry for him before, but after this little episode, fcuk him, I think he needs taking into care or something.

So what do we do? What's our options?

Move out great excuse for you to leave her and get a season ticket and also come out on the lash

If he is continually offensive then I'd ring the council and see if there is a relevant department and/ or, sadly, you might need to visit the local coppers to see what they can do, which in this day and age, is quite often next to nothing unless a crime is committed.

How did the builder get on with the drill up his arse? Just curious for a 'friend of mine' is all.

:12:

Makes it difficult to sell the place as well, you'd have to disclose a troublesome neighbour.

Would a few neighbours get together to complain.

Oh, also you ( and other neighbours if they are interested in sorting) should log ( time, date, description) every single incident.

Forgot to mention when he has his nightly shouting sessions with himself he is always talking about killing himself and stuff like that.

He is a nutter, no doubt. He'll either harm himself or someone else before too long.

DeanoVilla - 25/7/2012 22:02

We've written to the police. Couldn't think of any alternative really.

Also the house he is in is rented and Natalie knows who the landlord is (he runs the local chippy) so we are gonna go and tell him that we've reported him to the police just to keep him informed.

The episode continued after we'd e-mailed the fuzz though.

Him and his next door were in the garden having one of their LOUD chats, and we were the subject of the conversation.... apparently Natalie can only afford a new bathroom now 'That' has moved in. How nice.... I'm a 'that' all of a sudden. A minute ago I was a helicopter pilot. lol

I mean in what world is it deemed acceptable to discuss other peoples private life's at the top of your voices in the garden for all to hear?

Well Nat got a little bit irate and couldn't help but put him in his place. Very calm and precisely delivered as she didn't want to play his game, but his face was a picture. Horrid little man.

Options here Deano: Take them all if needs be.
1/ Keep the log as JF said. It gives you referral and very important.
2/ ring environmental noise abatement at the local council for advice.
3/See a solicitor
4/Get in touch with your local adult disability social services team. The chances are he will be known to them and whilst they can not confirm either way if you tell them what is happening they maybe able to look in to it all from there angle.
Care in the community is great: NOT. The problem with care in the community is half the time the person needs to be in in hospital and they aren't. The person has mental health issues which sounds obvious and they can't be put away until it gets to a certain level of danger.
He sound like he has a personality disorder/schizophrenia and they often go through stages of not taking there meds.

Of course he may not have any agencies involved with him but it's unlikely he hasn't.

5/ You can ring 999 if he is making noise at a anti social time or harassing you.

Hope that helps: It won't sort over night as these things never do. Been through it ourselves a few years ago.