The Official Dean Smith Thread | Page 394 | Vital Football

The Official Dean Smith Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the contrary I doubt you did ! Jack scored the winner.

No doubt Sir Dennis would have been amongst the limbs in the away end as I was when Jack started and finished the move. Im sure we can all remember who scored the goal tbh but as has been said, the contribution of the whole 10 men was superb in the second half that night, we went for it with 10 men and Dean Smith was rightly praised for the approach we took....yet for some bizarre reason you use the game (which I brought up initially to point out how far we’ve come in 2 years) to have yet another dig at the bloke. Strange but predictable I guess.

Yes I will give him credit for that and no he and his staff have developed and improved other players. I’ll also give him and his coaching team credit for developing Konsa, Mings, Targett, McGinn, Luiz, Nakamba, Watkins, El Ghazi, Cash, even Neil Taylor has improved since Smith came to the club....some of those aren’t necessarily going to take us to the next level but they have improved and developed since joining the club. So your obsession with Jack falters on that one. He’s not the only one who’s improved under Smith. Hard for you to accept perhaps but when you’ve got the likes of Grealish, Mings, Watkins, Luiz, McGinn playing for their country and Konsa and Targett being touted to be picked as well it’s pretty difficult even for the harshest critic of Dean Smith, to make out he’s not improving or developing any players. No doubt your response will suggest otherwise. (y)

Facts prove you wrong. Just take a look at the stark contrast in results and performance when we have Jack and when we don't.

No doubt Sir Dennis would have been amongst the limbs in the away end as I was when Jack started and finished the move. Im sure we can all remember who scored the goal tbh but as has been said, the contribution of the whole 10 men was superb in the second half that night, we went for it with 10 men and Dean Smith was rightly praised for the approach we took....yet for some bizarre reason you use the game (which I brought up initially to point out how far we’ve come in 2 years) to have yet another dig at the bloke. Strange but predictable I guess.

Let me see us not struggle to beat teams like Fulham, Sheff Utd, Newcastle etc without Jack without having a shot on target in the 60th min etc and I will admit he has truly transformed the side. Until then however we can agree to differ?

Let's face it, the club's success is solely down to Grealish, so I think the owners should just ditch the whole idea of a coaching staff and just send the players out each week to do their own thing.

I thought they already did that :fish:

Pay attention. I have already told you I was there unless you have selective reading disorder.

Could have had a decent discussion about that game but you chose to ruin it with your childish comments.

It was a simple question. The answer was obviously who ever scored the winner was the one who wins it. Yet, despite assuming you were really there or watched the game you were incorrect. I could call you senile if I wanted to but I am not here to insult anyone just because I clearly have a different view. You can call me or my comments whatever you like, its not skin off my nose !

It was a simple question. The answer was obviously who ever scored the winner was the one who wins it. Yet, despite assuming you were really there or watched the game you were incorrect. I could call you senile if I wanted to but I am not here to insult anyone just because I clearly have a different view. You can call me or my comments whatever you like, its not skin off my nose !

I would suggest you watch the whole game and then come back and tell me who was instrumental in us winning it.

By your metric Kodjia also won us the game , but that isn't right either.

There was far more to the game than just who scored the goals ,as there is in every game.

I would suggest you watch the whole game and then come back and tell me who was instrumental in us winning it.

By your metric Kodjia also won us the game , but that isn't right either.

There was far more to the game than just who scored the goals ,as there is in every game.

The question wasn't about who contributed or not. We did not beat them until Jack scored hence he was instrumental. Agree to differ?

The Rotherham game sticks in my mind as my Grandsons were born the night before, so I even remember the date, I remember sitting there at HT stunned by us being down to 10 men, missing a penalty and being 1-0 down, there really was no way back.
Deano put on Koj to partner Tammy went 432 and within a few mins of the second half kicking off we were 2-1 up the atmosphere was right up there with anything I have ever experienced 3500 villa fans to a man sucked those goals in and SJM was on fire I mean flaming.
Deano pulled off a masterstroke, I was higher than a kite just from the atmosphere

The question wasn't about who contributed or not. We did not beat them until Jack scored hence he was instrumental. Agree to differ?

As were the other 9 players and Deano who made a brilliant tactical substitution that changed the whole game and enable us to come back from 1-0 to win 2-1 with 10 men.

I could talk about Jed Steer who made a couple of brilliant saves at 2-1 Jedinak and Axle who withstood the Rotherham aerial bombardment. Elmo and Taylor who were superb in providing the width , McGinn and Whelan whose work rate was unbelievable , Super Jack who scored a brilliant goal and Tammy and Kodjia who were magnificent up front.

You do really need to watch the whole game to understand what happened.

Not sure it is wise to bang on about it on the strength of who scored our winner.

The Rotherham game sticks in my mind as my Grandsons were born the night before, so I even remember the date, I remember sitting there at HT stunned by us being down to 10 men, missing a penalty and being 1-0 down, there really was no way back.
Deano put on Koj to partner Tammy went 432 and within a few mins of the second half kicking off we were 2-1 up the atmosphere was right up there with anything I have ever experienced 3500 villa fans to a man sucked those goals in and SJM was on fire I mean flaming.
Deano pulled off a masterstroke, I was higher than a kite just from the atmosphere

Are you sure you were there. Apparently I wasn't

Are you sure you were there. Apparently I wasn't
SD we were there, that game will be one that sticks in my mind forever, I even bought two programmes, the Sheffield Wednesday game on Saturday was dramatic but the Rotherham game was another level. A real team effort even Taylor did well< Elmo was outstanding but SJM dear god he was the best player I'd ever seen that night

As were the other 9 players and Deano who made a brilliant tactical substitution that changed the whole game and enable us to come back from 1-0 to win 2-1 with 10 men.

I could talk about Jed Steer who made a couple of brilliant saves at 2-1 Jedinak and Axle who withstood the Rotherham aerial bombardment. Elmo and Taylor who were superb in providing the width , McGinn and Whelan whose work rate was unbelievable , Super Jack who scored a brilliant goal and Tammy and Kodjia who were magnificent up front.

Not sure it is wise to bang on about it on the strength of who scored our winner.

Dean and brilliant tactical subs? Must be one of those rare moments in his Villa managerial career.

SD we were there, that game will be one that sticks in my mind forever, I even bought two programmes, the Sheffield Wednesday game on Saturday was dramatic but the Rotherham game was another level. A real team effort even Taylor did well< Elmo was outstanding but SJM dear god he was the best player I'd ever seen that night
When '57 says Taylor did well, it shouldn't be taken lightly.... :hehe:

One of those Steer saves in particular was un-fecking-believable....

Instead of actually talking about the merits and mistakes Dean Smith has made to date, this thread sadly seems to have descended into point-scoring.

One thing for sure though is if sirden says he was at a game then 100% he was watching the game in person and that shouldn't even be questioned.

Back on topic, Nothing would give me more pleasure than to see Dean Smith continue as our manager as he deserves that for his achievements to date but he's not helping himself at the moment and he is putting his position in possible jeopardy.

However, for what he has done he deserves another transfer window but man, it will be the biggest one of his managerial career to get right otherwise even our great owner's patience and minds will surely be made up?

It's over to you Deano!?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.