The Official Dean Smith Thread | Page 393 | Vital Football

The Official Dean Smith Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who got us the win in that game?

As I said in my post....I’ll repeat it again......’very convenient for those who continually berate his ability but are seemingly reluctant to acknowledge anything he has got right, to conveniently forget what has been achieved in a short space of time.’ If the cap fits.....
And to turn your question on its head....’Which AVFC manager has brought the best out of Jack Grealish?’.....how do you think Jack would answer that one? Paul Lambert? Sherwood? Remi Garde? Di Matteo? Steve Bruce? Think we all know the answer to that one.

what about john terry, is he learning anything, do they get on together, like stand shoulder to shoulder, surely he as served his apprenticeship by now, seanie...

As I said in my post....I’ll repeat it again......’very convenient for those who continually berate his ability but are seemingly reluctant to acknowledge anything he has got right, to conveniently forget what has been achieved in a short space of time.’ If the cap fits.....
And to turn your question on its head....’Which AVFC manager has brought the best out of Jack Grealish?’.....how do you think Jack would answer that one? Paul Lambert? Sherwood? Remi Garde? Di Matteo? Steve Bruce? Think we all know the answer to that one.

If you are going to give Dean credit for that, then did he forget the rest of the midfield who have been almost useless in Jack's absence? Was he focusing on just one player?

If you are going to give Dean credit for that, then did he forget the rest of the midfield who have been almost useless in Jack's absence? Was he focusing on just one player?

Yes I will give him credit for that and no he and his staff have developed and improved other players. I’ll also give him and his coaching team credit for developing Konsa, Mings, Targett, McGinn, Luiz, Nakamba, Watkins, El Ghazi, Cash, even Neil Taylor has improved since Smith came to the club....some of those aren’t necessarily going to take us to the next level but they have improved and developed since joining the club. So your obsession with Jack falters on that one. He’s not the only one who’s improved under Smith. Hard for you to accept perhaps but when you’ve got the likes of Grealish, Mings, Watkins, Luiz, McGinn playing for their country and Konsa and Targett being touted to be picked as well it’s pretty difficult even for the harshest critic of Dean Smith, to make out he’s not improving or developing any players. No doubt your response will suggest otherwise. (y)

Status
Not open for further replies.