The Official Dean Smith Thread | Page 221 | Vital Football

The Official Dean Smith Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gotta say I didn’t see the game but I never feel comfortable with a manager singling out 1 player for blame , bit desperate.

Smith is very lucky at the moment with the other results going our way or we would have been buried by now, wouldn't surprise me to see us get out of this, but it won't be Smiths skills that do it. just sheer luck. So disappointed in him.

Well I for one hope he gets us to stay up and is then given the chance to build on the shortages in the squad at the moment. We need new managers to succeed and if that is an English Villa fan then even better.
I'm certainly not eyeing up any other managers at the moment. He's done a good job for us so far, taking over a mid table championship club with a first team full of loanees, getting promoted, being provided with sub standard players to work with and taking us to a league cup final and possible safety.

Konsa's fault despite Mings occupying a left back position directly behind Targett and Hause being too far over. Yeah fucking right.

The strange thing is Hause is a left CB Konsa a right CB and Mings a left-back all of them are out of their natural positions. I get Mings has play CB for us all the time but he's played most games at LB.

I have been impressed with Ezri at fullback no winger has bullied him like they do Targett as he's a big powerful lad

The strange thing is Hause is a left CB Konsa a right CB and Mings a left-back all of them are out of their natural positions. I get Mings has play CB for us all the time but he's played most games at LB.

I have been impressed with Ezri at fullback no winger has bullied him like they do Targett as he's a big powerful lad
To me it's a mess. As you say, Hause is a very left footed player playing on the right side, Mings' positioning at centre half leaves a lot to be desired. Konsa is good defensively at right back but useless going forward, reminds me of when O'Neil used to push Cuellar out there.

I feel for Smith in the sense that he had limited to no say over the majority of our recruitment and personally, I so so badly wanted this to work out as he's a great guy and lifelong Villa fan. But it just isn't working, he's not deploying his resources properly and sticking to a system which is not delivering.

To me it's a mess. As you say, Hause is a very left footed player playing on the right side, Mings' positioning at centre half leaves a lot to be desired. Konsa is good defensively at right back but useless going forward, reminds me of when O'Neil used to push Cuellar out there.

I feel for Smith in the sense that he had limited to no say over the majority of our recruitment and personally, I so so badly wanted this to work out as he's a great guy and lifelong Villa fan. But it just isn't working, he's not deploying his resources properly and sticking to a system which is not delivering.

I never thought I'd say this and I did say it a few weeks ago but MON and his 4 big Centre backs certainly wouldn't go amiss at the moment . What would we give to be moaning about Ollie Melberg playing right back at the moment . ( I dislike MON with a passion by the way)

Well I for one hope he gets us to stay up and is then given the chance to build on the shortages in the squad at the moment. We need new managers to succeed and if that is an English Villa fan then even better.
Nice sentiment And all that but it just isn't realistic. Smith is a mediocre manager and the player recruitment team need the firing squad. Shambles

I never thought I'd say this and I did say it a few weeks ago but MON and his 4 big Centre backs certainly wouldn't go amiss at the moment . What would we give to be moaning about Ollie Melberg playing right back at the moment . ( I dislike MON with a passion by the way)
The difference is that we had the likes of Ashley Young back then, look at the mugs ahead of our defenders in wide positions.

Dean has been found out way back in Nov/ Dec last year, everything since then, before and after lockdown has merely confirmed he's well and truly out of his depth at this level.

Why on earth you'd give him another go in either Champs or PL I don't know, there's really no point as it leads nowhere.

100% agree
We need to pay proper money for a quality manager and give him final say on transfers to build a premier league quality squad. It’s easiest to do this in the championship ( no point getting a championship quality manager and team together only to have to start over after promotion to premier league)

Also just as importantly need to f*ck purslow & suso off and sort out a proper recruitment team.

Click bait. Newcastle have a big head start on us which helps; even so, I don't think they'll be able to just throw money around. Our owners having sorted out one massive debt didn't want to create another.
Surely they spent what was allowed and had to spread it thinly to cover all the holes. We are still paying for Lerner & Xia and their mismanagement, it will take longer to recover yet, whatever league we’re in.

Smith is very lucky at the moment with the other results going our way or we would have been buried by now, wouldn't surprise me to see us get out of this, but it won't be Smiths skills that do it. just sheer luck. So disappointed in him.
His luck and our luck will run out in the next 3 games. Looking at the fixtures coming up we will be detached like Norwich by then. Smith is a one hit wonder. In two seasons he'll be back at walsall.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.