The Official Dean Smith Thread | Page 199 | Vital Football

The Official Dean Smith Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well he did well for his level getting a shite villa squad promotion but I suppose you cheered his name then that you now scorn.
I can’t see the point in sacking him as he’s one of the best managers to get us back up if, yes if we do go down.
we are that shite but win our game in hand and it’s in our own hands staying up.

Do you really think we would have got promoted without Tammy and Jack? That’s where we will be next season...at best.

As eltoro and others have said, villa have been getting worse as the season has progressed, yes worse!!!! not better under smith.
We are going backwards.
If we were progressing in some way shape or form maybe we would cut dean some slack.

Poch is crazy talk.

If he takes another job before the summer he forfeits a big payout from Spurs.

Offering him £5 million would probably see him break even, so you'd have to offer him £10 million to tempt him.

Plus he isn't going to come.

Plus he has no experience of a relegation battle.

Apart from that.... great suggestion.

Poch is crazy talk.

Offering him £5 million would probably see him break even, so you'd have to offer him £10 million to tempt him.

He has no experience of a relegation battle but I'm told he's a fantastic man manager.

Poch is crazy talk.

Why does no experience of a relegation battle matter. On that basis you would turn down any manager who hasn't been is one and end up with some very ordinary managers .

If you are a good manager you will get results full stop.

Poch???? You really do look on the sunny side of life.

JF started a thread on the lines of this is a big club and should start acting like it. IF the owners think we need to change then this is an opportunity to do exactly that.

Poch or somebody has an opportunity to get into a club with seriously ambitious owners. The risk to them is nil; if we're relegated then they can walk away. The potential of this club is the attraction.

JF started a thread on the lines of this is a big club and should start acting like it. IF the owners think we need to change then this is an opportunity to do exactly that.

Poch or somebody has an opportunity to get into a club with seriously ambitious owners. The risk to them is nil; if we're relegated then they can walk away. The potential of this club is the attraction.
Yep and I agree. We are HUGE. massive club with massive history and massive potential with the best fans in the world.
But so are Manu (not the fans but they are biggest club in the world) and who would go there at present? They have Ole as a manager. In our CURRENT state we will struggle to attract the big boys. We wouldnt attract a champions league player. We wont attract champions league managers!

Yep and I agree. We are HUGE. massive club with massive history and massive potential with the best fans in the world.
But so are Manu (not the fans but they are biggest club in the world) and who would go there at present? They have Ole as a manager. In our CURRENT state we will struggle to attract the big boys. We wouldnt attract a champions league player. We wont attract champions league managers!

Poch would take MU if offered. He won't be; they'll stick with OLE.

Poch is free, as far as we know. He has nothing to lose. The plus would be the possibility of building his own team under very rich owners. We are possibly the biggest football project going, given the potential and the backing. If he goes to Real he's stuck with big egos (fans and players) and little control over signings.

This isn't said with disrespect to my fine colleagues but I'm sorry talk of Poch is utterly delusional.

One of the most sought after managers in world football is categorically not going to pitch up at villa park as our situation stands. Money will not be his motivation . He can get what we pay him and more at a pick of European clubs who are in the mix at champ league level.

I like the talk of thinking big but it's just not that simple or black and white I'm afraid.

If Poch is our next manager I will be joining Aspinall in Aston Park to provide 'services' for you all aswell .

Last edited:
Before his Spurs days ended he was talking about the attractions of a big project. And he didn't mean Spurs.

By the way, he had relegation battle experience when he took over at Southampton.

This isn't said with disrespect to my fine colleagues but I'm sorry talk of Poch is utterly delusional.

One of the most sought after managers in world football is categorically not going to pitch up at villa park as our situation stands. Money will not be his motivation . He can get what we pay him and more at a pick of European clubs who are in the mix at champ league level.

I like the talk of thinking big but it's just not that simple or black and white I'm afraid.

If Poch is our next manager I will be joining Aspinall in Aston Park to provide 'services' for you all aswell .

I had in mind just a 10 game gig that was all.

I will also add it was my only alternative. I wouldn't entertain any of the others that are available.

Status
Not open for further replies.