The Official Dean Smith Thread | Page 170 | Vital Football

The Official Dean Smith Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can;t wait to see what sort of team he throws out on Sunday, I am guessing we're going four, three, fucking three and a burst of players will be dropped for the lads who have already dropped the ball anytime they've played.

1582845769960.png

Got us promoted after 7 months.
Out of the relegation places and a league cup final.
Rebuild a team.
Whatever happens we just need to ride the wave.
Whatever happens will just be a relief. I've aged this season. 2015/16 was inevitable, everyone was angry, and rightly so. They say it's the hope that kills you, I say it's the last minute step over to play their player in - we've had far too many false dawn's this season.

Whatever happens will just be a relief. I've aged this season. 2015/16 was inevitable, everyone was angry, and rightly so. They say it's the hope that kills you, I say it's the last minute step over to play their player in - we've had far too many false dawn's this season.
Started with Luis v Bournemouth and Engels the other day v spurs. In between glimmers of hope and a lot of tripe.

I only hope DS can keep the loss to a respectable score line for the final.

I fully expect us to go down now.

I was very annoyed after the complete lack of effort against Southampton, motivation is the managers remit regardless of how good or bad the players are.

However, I can’t see anyone else coming in who could keep us up and I still have faith that DS can get us back up.

We’ll definitely lose Grealish, Mings and McGinn. I don’t have much faith the players we have will do much better in the chumps league, so I think another big rebuild will be on the cards. I just hope we get rid of Suso and either let DS get on with it or bring in a DOF (is that just a glorified title for head of recruitment?) who is more on DS’ wavelength.

We may lost tomorrow, no shock if we do but we have a 50/50 chance and that’s not bad odds. Would I have believed we will be in the premier league with another cup final at Wembley with the squads the sky six have this time last year , no fucking chance.
For me Smith is a legend who has polished a turd and given us an incredible time in his short reign. And yes we will stay up .
Win or lose , stay up or go down, Smitty is the man for me.

I only hope DS can keep the loss to a respectable score line for the final.

I fully expect us to go down now.

I was very annoyed after the complete lack of effort against Southampton, motivation is the managers remit regardless of how good or bad the players are.

However, I can’t see anyone else coming in who could keep us up and I still have faith that DS can get us back up.

We’ll definitely lose Grealish, Mings and McGinn. I don’t have much faith the players we have will do much better in the chumps league, so I think another big rebuild will be on the cards. I just hope we get rid of Suso and either let DS get on with it or bring in a DOF (is that just a glorified title for head of recruitment?) who is more on DS’ wavelength.
DS is totally out of his depth in the Premier league. Away from home we need to park the bus and grind out a draw. He won't be our manager come August .

DS is totally out of his depth in the Premier league. Away from home we need to park the bus and grind out a draw. He won't be our manager come August .
And do Sheff Utd 'park the bus'?
Can you imagine the comments on here if we adopted Pulis type tactics - my monitor would melt through the bile being shown on the screen.
In Smith I trust - he is the right man for the job and he will return us to great things and if not this year, then next.
I remember the 'nay sayers' that were very vocal when Ron Saunders took over. Thankfully, they stuck with him and I have some superb memories that I can take to my grave.
COYVB
HEITS
TCIO
UTV
SC, TGTNFSG

It's not about parking the bus it's about being comfortable on the ball and not continually making mistakes, we are one of the three poorest teams in this league and have been all season but we have a chance to defy the odds because it has happened before.

And do Sheff Utd 'park the bus'?
Can you imagine the comments on here if we adopted Pulis type tactics - my monitor would melt through the bile being shown on the screen.
In Smith I trust - he is the right man for the job and he will return us to great things and if not this year, then next.
I remember the 'nay sayers' that were very vocal when Ron Saunders took over. Thankfully, they stuck with him and I have some superb memories that I can take to my grave.
COYVB
HEITS
TCIO
UTV
SC, TGTNFSG.
On Balance,Dean,for me,is still in credit. Last season was a big plus but we didn't replace the quality of Abraham and Tuanzabe,two key positions and we've paid a heavy price. Recruitment has been poor overall and £moneyball won the day. Smith talked of Phillips, Benrhama and Maupay and l accept the limitations of the three lads but l think we would have performed better with that trio. Webster was another mentioned but others have claimed that Engels was a Smith signing. We're not down yet and if we go, l reckon Dean is the man to get us back to the top level. Hopefully he has learned that allowing premier league teams to have shots in is maybe not effective as Ossie Ardilles found out.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not about parking the bus it's about being comfortable on the ball and not continually making mistakes, we are one of the three poorest teams in this league and have been all season but we have a chance to defy the odds because it has happened before.
Winning 2moro would be as big a shock as when wigan beat them.
All the other teams at the bottom have done so well this weekend.
So just like us to be the exception to the rule.

Why not . He got us promoted previously?
With a returning jack grealish. After a terrible run. He mings mcginn and others will go.it will leave us with the crud that smith and whoever bought in. No guarantee at all that smith will do anything other than make us mid table. Like he did Brentford.

Brentford, regularly challenging for the PO's despite their shoestring?

And he's now being criticising for using one of our players who wasn't exactly tearing up the league earlier?

Yet everyone, including the poor McGinn and poor Mings will be off?

Okay?

With a returning jack grealish. After a terrible run. He mings mcginn and others will go.it will leave us with the crud that smith and whoever bought in. No guarantee at all that smith will do anything other than make us mid table. Like he did Brentford.

No guarantee he won’t gain promotion again either.

Status
Not open for further replies.