The Official Dean Smith Thread | Page 151 | Vital Football

The Official Dean Smith Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
When Bruce left us without a recognised Centre Back it was all Bruces fault according to you lot.

Now we have no recognised striker and Smith gets off scott free? Double standards or what. Why the hell is he loaning players out and making Kodjia feel worthless when we have no other options? Why didn't he sign another striker in the summer? We were always one injury away from disaster.

But hey, if it's under Bruce it's his fault, if it's Smith we can blame Pitarch or Purslow.

Well maybe Dean wanted to sign a striker. Maybe Dean was happy to pay the fee for Maupay. But maybe he didn't have the final say. Does that make him a bad manager?

Well maybe Dean wanted to sign a striker. Maybe Dean was happy to pay the fee for Maupay. But maybe he didn't have the final say. Does that make him a bad manager?

Then why does he keep on saying in interviews that it was his decision not to pay that much for Maupay? Talk about throwing yourself under the bus.

Is he lying? Is he a puppet? or is he telling the truth and made a really poor error of judgement?

Or maybe it's because seem people don't see everything in black and white and may make allowances

If you were making allowances you wouldn't say that anyone who questions Smith has an 'anti-Smith agenda'.

If you were making allowances, maybe you'd see we'd like to see nothing more than Smith succeed but the performances of late are rightly questionable?

Then why does he keep on saying in interviews that it was his decision not to pay that much for Maupay? Talk about throwing yourself under the bus.

Is he lying? Is he a puppet? or is he telling the truth and made a really poor error of judgement?
Maybe he's towing the corporate line and taking ownership?

If you were making allowances you wouldn't say that anyone who questions Smith has an 'anti-Smith agenda'.

If you were making allowances, maybe you'd see we'd like to see nothing more than Smith succeed but the performances of late are rightly questionable?

Dude, show me a post anywhere where I have accused anybody of having an anti-Smith agenda.

Not you specifically but you waded into a chat between myself and mcparland where he was saying we all had an anti smith agenda and you started backing him up, so...

One thing I will hope and pray, is he doesn't take us down. I know that is obviously anyway, but more from his point of view. The pressure and despondency being a Villa fan and having that on your record would be awful.

And don't want to see a Villa man having the fans turn. It was horrible when GT came out at the end of the one season to address the fans and some booed. For what he did first time around alone, booing him was just awful. And even more so because it was Ellis who tempted him back promising him big funds and then, shock horror, reneging on his promise (first hand conversation that, total fact)

Not you specifically but you waded into a chat between myself and mcparland where he was saying we all had an anti smith agenda and you started backing him up, so...

Definitely very binary for some posters, both sides of the argument, but those still pro seem to think any criticism means you want him out. I guess a lot of manager threads are like this, maybe it is worse this time because he is a Villa fan? Dunno. But he isn't above criticism, that is for sure.

Indeed. As it happens I actually don't want him out... yet.

I'm fed up of the managerial merry go round, and fed up of not having any stability. I'd love him to turn it around.

But if the current dip in form continues then questions need to be asked.... whats wrong with asking them now? Isn't that what the forum is for?

Indeed. As it happens I actually don't want him out... yet.

I'm fed up of the managerial merry go round, and fed up of not having any stability. I'd love him to turn it around.

But if the current dip in form continues then questions need to be asked.... whats wrong with asking them now? Isn't that what the forum is for?

Totally. It is what I've been doing. Some seem quite dramatic in their reactions. So as said, might be because he's Villa. Or the (nice) loyalty that he got us up.

But loyalty and sentimentality isn't really something that works in sport is it?

If we'd got a top manager to bring in Jan 1st, I'd have thought it totally reasonable. Now, it isn't, as we are nearly done for the window. I have also said that those above Dean need looking at if he is at fault, so are they (not the owners!)

Hope he keeps us up, once done, sorry, I'd be looking for a top pedigree manager OR we all accept that we are a formerly big club, now an also ran - like so many before us (and how we have been acting for years)

Dean smiths the man, he's been here 16 months, took us up and had to build a new team.
Jed steer long term injured
John mcginn long term injured
Wes out for season
Heaton out for season
Kienan Davis and kodja constantly injured.
If we stay up this season it will be a phenomenal achievement.
Come on Deano, 3 points Saturday so that 9.00 am coach start is worth the journey.

To attract the top players you need a top manager. He will have players that will sign for him having worked with him before.
I'm not saying Dean won't become a top manager one day but if we want to uphold our status as a big club we need to start thinking big.

Dean smiths the man, he's been here 16 months, took us up and had to build a new team.
Jed steer long term injured
John mcginn long term injured
Wes out for season
Heaton out for season
Kienan Davis and kodja constantly injured.
If we stay up this season it will be a phenomenal achievement.
Come on Deano, 3 points Saturday so that 9.00 am coach start is worth the journey.

Lucky you. My coach is going at 8.

One of the big issues for us is having so many players trying to get up to speed in the PL. Wesley seemed to be doing that before he got injured. Doug, Marv, Engels, Gilbert and even Trez have shown some real quality in patches. If they were all at PL speed, we'd be a different team. I think we'll do okay next season if we can stay up.

Yeah I'd agree with that. I've seen something in most of the signings to suggest they'd be better next season if coached right.

Status
Not open for further replies.