The Official Dean Smith Thread | Page 54 | Vital Football

The Official Dean Smith Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It must be an incredible feeling being a Villa fan, having the best seat in the house to watch your team home or away and being able to pick the team sheet.

It must be an incredible feeling being a Villa fan, having the best seat in the house to watch your team home or away and being able to pick the team sheet.

The stuff of which dreams are made, just imagine when he gets us up

Spot on for me Merd. I agree 100% with your assessment. What worries me about his signings is the fact that so much of our up turn in fortune is based on loan players and talent that other wealthier clubs will covet.

We are currently balanced on a knife edge and for me, the only thing that will keep this core of successful players together is promotion. Impossible to keep talented players like Jack and SJM should they wish to play at a higher level and some of the other loan players will have other potentially more attractive suitors.

Come August, DS may find himself with his back to the wall in the financial bear pit of the Premier League or starting all over again with a fresh squad of players in the Championship.

An eight round game of high stakes poker, followed by a round of Russian roulette lie ahead. Exhilarating and excruciating at the same time.
Agree with what you say northampton, posted as much a few weeks back.
The only crumb of comfort is that with regard to Jack and SJM if they do go , and Im sure they will if we dont go up, that I believe the current management will ensure we turn a good profit on our two star players to allow us to rebuild.

Agree with what you say northampton, posted as much a few weeks back.
The only crumb of comfort is that with regard to Jack and SJM if they do go , and Im sure they will if we dont go up, that I believe the current management will ensure we turn a good profit on our two star players to allow us to rebuild.
And offers opportunity, let's not forget that positive element. We nearly spent the Benteke money wisely, I think we ultimately had to integrate too many players into the squad and forgot to buy a decent centre half pairing.

Interesting that he says we're only allowed 5 loans in a matchday squad and 6 are currently on the books. Who gets left out every game then?

Interesting that he says we're only allowed 5 loans in a matchday squad and 6 are currently on the books. Who gets left out every game then?

He doesn't do favourites; if players are doing the business then they've got a good chance of not being dropped, except for tactical reasons. For that reason I think Tuanzebe will have to wait a game or two to get back into the match day squad.

He could drop Carroll, but it's important for us to see what Carroll can do. If Jack does leave then he's one possible replacement and we have to look at that.

I don't see Carroll as a like for like for Grealish. Think he is more of a poor man's Carrick. Don't think we have an option on him either - might be wrong on that.

Two things I know, we won't all die when we leave Europe and that Jack is going nowhere.
because I have a mind of my own and take no notice of scaremongers who know less than me

Bottom line: he's got us playing attractive football .

In his early days, and the last 4 games yes.

However there was a big 3 month period when Jack was out that we were boring, dull, clueless and unable to win a game. We looked very much like we did under Bruce.

Jury will remain out for me, until he can prove he is good enough to get the team winning and playing well without Jack.

Status
Not open for further replies.