The Official Dean Smith Thread | Page 22 | Vital Football

The Official Dean Smith Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the club site regarding El Ghazi.

Coaching eh?. What a good idea!

'Smith admitted in his post-match media duties at the Riverside Stadium that he’d spent some quality time with El Ghazi at the training ground, showing him exactly what he’s looking for from players in the wide areas.
El Ghazi has clearly taken that on board. His performance at Middlesbrough was top-class'

Not rocket science really is it , but a bit of coaching now and again does help.

Ahab says "I DON”T CARE WHO YOU ARE, HERE’S TO YOUR DREAM!"
Gunness surfer's ad circa 1999

Shook hands with him tonight at the Cubs Christmas bash and thanked him for giving me my Villa back and he said thank you that means a lot and it’s our Villa with a big smile. Class act

He's one of our own , he's one of our own.......

Reactions: OVB
Shook hands with him tonight at the Cubs Christmas bash and thanked him for giving me my Villa back and he said thank you that means a lot and it’s our Villa with a big smile. Class act
His brother is my uncles best mate - he's a baggie but still a class bloke. Never heard a peep about Dean's appointment. The only ever time I might have been ITK lol

Reactions: OVB
I may well now have the same reaction as Peter Griffin had when he met boo berry and never wash my hand again
Feel good factor is high isn't it? Even in the Brian Little era, we weren't this free scoring. Just don't know how far we can go, but I have a Jurgen Klopp feeling about Dean Smith. We may lose a few along the way, but we will get there with a smile on our faces.

If you can keep on scoring goals, then you have time to improve other aspects of the team. Look how Liverpool are improving under Plopp. Our defence has already gone from a disaster to at least adequate. Big room for improvement, but we're no longer desperate.

This feel good factor is hard to take. I'm getting withdrawal symptoms from the lack of misery and despair.

The thing I liked about him last night was his post match interview. Myself, I was fuming and calling them "cheating classless b**tards", but DS just smiled and did not rant about the officials and shrugged it off. He knew that we were the better side and deserved the win and that if we carry on like this we are going up.
Top bloke .... and he's one of our own!

The thing I liked about him last night was his post match interview. Myself, I was fuming and calling them "cheating classless b**tards", but DS just smiled and did not rant about the officials and shrugged it off. He knew that we were the better side and deserved the win and that if we carry on like this we are going up.

I put this in the match thread, but the other thing Im sure DS will be doing behind closed doors is looking to the lead up to the goal. Kodjia is flat footed, out of position, and the right back travels into 10 yards of space and gets a dangerous cross in. That for me is what we have to cut out as that was in our control.

True. To be fair everyone thought it was going out and the Villa fans were even jeering the misplaced pass. Having said that the effort Kodjia made to get back to try and block the cross was very poor.

True. To be fair everyone thought it was going out and the Villa fans were even jeering the misplaced pass. Having said that the effort Kodjia made to get back to try and block the cross was very poor.

It’s not a huge criticism of Kodjia, these things happen. But I’m sure DS will call it out, Kodjia won’t be day dreaming again when we’re winning with a few minutes to go again.

"If you can meet with triumph and disaster and treat those two imposters the same"

Dean Smith's The MAN

I know it's hndsight and all that , but having seen the effect he has had on us so far , I just wish we had had him in charge sooner.

When questioned in his pressabout the support last night Deano's answer....."The away end? It's normal. It's fantastic. We're Villa!" He's very much one of our own and he impresses me more every week. The way he conducted himself despite the disappointment of last night was also testament to his character. No sarcasm, no snide comments....One or two manager's in the greed league should take note....

Status
Not open for further replies.