The Official Dean Smith Thread | Page 67 | Vital Football

The Official Dean Smith Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely there cannot be a Villa fan out there who does not trust this bloke completely?

Even if you was not sure at first, he has earned every single plaudit lauded on him.

I have never heard of Wesley - but do not think Deano would put his name to any signing unless he studied the player intensely.

I just hope i remain loyal to him when we go through a rough patch, as i turned last season due to being a fickle bastard.

Where did you stand Stu cus this bloke was unreal I can't believe there would be too many like him.

Just right of centre looking towards the pitch and where the biggest drop was to the gangway. I always got there before the turnstiles opened to make sure I got my spot. Plus at the time I was seeing a short girl so had to make sure nobody stood in front otherwise she couldn't see the game.

Just right of centre looking towards the pitch and where the biggest drop was to the gangway. I always got there before the turnstiles opened to make sure I got my spot. Plus at the time I was seeing a short girl so had to make sure nobody stood in front otherwise she couldn't see the game.
That would have been by us

Like it that O'Kelly says we are doing proper background checks on players ability to fit into the dressing room culture etc.
Something else that's been sadly lacking in the last 10 years .
There always seems to be one trouble maker in every group though we all have one at work don't we lads .
Mind you it might have been me :grinning:

"Reports out there that we're signing everyone.....a lot of whom we haven't even spoken about" - Made me chuckle.

Think we can rule out Sturridge, Cahill, Adams etc based on the profile of players signed (my opinion only). The interview says exactly what I hoped it would, hard work, bonding, common goals and outcomes.

Everything is earned in life and it is good to hear him talking like this, we have no divine right to be up the top end of the league but it is in our own hands. More business to do.......very encouraging without being flippant. Tim Sherwood's interview was to be better than three other teams, this is a totally different, considered and professional approach.

It is so obvious that there is a plan throughout the club and they are sticking to it in terms of recruitment and DS can get the playing shape and plan from the start across to the players, rather than coming in half way through like last season.

We have good competition for places and more to come in yet and the calm, thoughtful approach that DS brings to his job will carry across to the players together with a steely determination to succeed.

It is so obvious that there is a plan throughout the club and they are sticking to it in terms of recruitment and DS can get the playing shape and plan from the start across to the players, rather than coming in half way through like last season.

We have good competition for places and more to come in yet and the calm, thoughtful approach that DS brings to his job will carry across to the players together with a steely determination to succeed.
Exactly, but there are still no guarantees. We have just given ourselves the best opportunity. We all need to recognise this until we start seeing results. I am as excited as everyone but still am cautious. Win a third of our games and we will be safe. Home form will be crucial.

Exactly, but there are still no guarantees. We have just given ourselves the best opportunity. We all need to recognise this until we start seeing results. I am as excited as everyone but still am cautious. Win a third of our games and we will be safe. Home form will be crucial.

It is up to all of us to make the place a fortress. If I catch any boo boys early doors when things may not be going to plan I will have a very strong word with them. We are all in this together and can not squander this once in a lifetime opportunity

Well, DS doesn't have the excuse that it's not his team. Eight signings and counting, fourteen left already. Viva la revolution!

Well, DS doesn't have the excuse that it's not his team. Eight signings and counting, fourteen left already. Viva la revolution!
TBF to him he never really used it last season when we ran out of steam for a while when it was obvious the defence had serious issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.