The Official Dean Smith Thread | Page 382 | Vital Football

The Official Dean Smith Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
my only problem with having Steven Gerrard is we would just be keeping him warm for when he goes back to liverpool to replace klopp
but would it be a case of one step forward and two steps back . smith has done ok but not great when you think about the quarter of a billion we have spen since getting back in the prem and still have to rely on one player to make us look decent

And be "Steven Gerrards Aston Villa" instead of Aston Villa. No thank you.
i know he has done a great job at rangers and yes its only the scotish league but he has don what no one else has for many years and its also a season when there has been a bit of unrest at celtic but i would like to see what his tacticks are and how he makes subs and change formation during games
the main thing that would put me off him is the fack he is a scouser and i just hate the way they talk

just read that the owners are now wanting a bigger name as a manager .and i have to say as good as we were at the start of the season playing smiths tactics there are championship tactics and we fail to have a plan B
but i dont know who would be better suited and you have to give it to smith for getting in konsa/cash/olly all who have taken to life in the prem very well but we do need a few seasoned pros in there too

I can't see Smith going anywhere in the summer and if he did then he certainly won't be replaced by Stevie G who has 3 years in Scotland and has only managed to win anything when the only other team there were taken over by Neil Lennon, ask Bolton fans how good he is btw.

Smith has his pros and cons but so do all managers and I bet most of our gripes are the same as what other club’s fans say about their manager too.

Smith is obviously inexperienced at this level of the game but I get the impression he wants to improve and develop himself, hence the number of quality assistants around him and that for me is a sign we should try to keep as a longer term part of the club unless something shocking happens. The alternative is to jump on the ridiculous manager Merry go round which rarely has a positive outcome

I love him and really want him to improve so we remain on course to get into Europe, i think a chance has potentially been missed this season due to an inflexibility to change things.

Especially during games when things are not working.

Is Dean too weak as a manger?
Soft on lockdown breeches or bad looking actions during it. Letting Jack be a prat and worse repeatedly and he's our captain. Weak in the way he doesn't change the game when it's not working. Just stands there like a disillusioned fan.
Not dealing with the team when they don't put in a performance worthy of the shirt....we go again/bad day at the office.

I like him but I really can't make my mind up about him due to these tendencies.

I made the argument on promotion, you then could be brutal, or after narrowing avoiding relegation when Poch was available (reports were saying he favoured a return to the PL and we are still a big club) but now? If we finish top 10, I can't see it personally.

Status
Not open for further replies.