The Official Dean Smith Thread | Page 365 | Vital Football

The Official Dean Smith Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Taking Jack off in the 88th minute?

He obviously doesn't know what he's doing. A Championship manager at best.

Smith out!

For the charge, to be fair, it is correct, as long as it is constant. It filters down, the abuse to refs in Sunday league football by jumped up parents etc.

We might hate them, sirdennis does hate them (!) but they are needed and there isn't an excuse to abuse them. Disagree, appeal, complain through the official channels, fine. Abuse? No, not to refs, not to anyone at work, simple.

Or is bullying and abuse ok?

Nope.

Said before, sat down by the bench for 30 odd seasons, Dean's comments to them at times are very 'tasty'... It doesn't help really, the word gets around, refs talk, they won't look on anything Villa related kindly with this in the back of their minds.

Thank you for your attention. :grinning:

:tophat:

Sure Dean isn’t the only one to vent his frustration at refs. Yes they’ve got a difficult job but they really don’t help themselves at times. I defy anyone to be totally composed when a clear error is made either by the ref on the pitch or VAR. We all saw Ferguson rant at them from the touch line many times over the years...it didn’t seem to sit too badly with the refs judging by some of the decisions United had in their favour whilst he was in charge! Of course outright abuse isn’t ok but complaining about decisions has always been part of the game and I’m afraid always will be. ‘Have you had juggling balls for Christmas?’ Surely pretty tame compared to some.

I won't criticise Smith for getting sent off. I was raging too and I was only watching it on TV. Some of the decisions that have gone against us this season are laughable. If your job was on the line while these twats were deciding whether Ollie's hair is onside or not, you'd lose your shit with them too.

That said, taking Jack off. Disgraceful. Smith out!

Sure Dean isn’t the only one to vent his frustration at refs. .

Of course not, tastiest I've heard in my time watching right by the bench, my old man noticed it first actually, thought it was a little above and beyond. It isn't all the time, but sometimes you have to taper what you think and how you say it!

I think most of the refs at the time thought it best not to try and to upset Sir-Alex-Of -The Gorbals for fear of his legendary hairdryer treatment!?
And let's be honest, he did try to imitate them during games and pointing at the watch whilst shouting at refs to call time if they were winning which they usually were with him in charge.

Now, where is that photo of The Fear pointing at his watch next to Ferguson!?:grinning:

Last edited:
Maybe one day we will have a decent standard of refereeing and a decent standard of person who trains them and a decent standard of person who runs VAR.

First and foremost we need someone to tell the refs they are not celebrities or the star of the show , and learn to engage with players and managers .

Maybe one day we will have a decent standard of refereeing and a decent standard of person who trains them and a decent standard of person who runs VAR.

First and foremost we need someone to tell the refs they are not celebrities or the star of the show , and learn to engage with players and managers .

And maybe if they weren't called fucking this and fucking that, abused by fans, managers and surrounded very five minute by petulant players (who should be sent off, like they would be in rugby) they could do their jobs easier.

:shrug:

Or maybe if treated with a bit more respect, the game could attract a higher calibre of referee.

I think most of the refs at the time thought it best not to try and to upset Sir-Alex-Of -The Gorbals for fear of his legendary hairdryer treatment!?
And let's be honest, he did try to imitate them during games and pointing at the watch whilst shouting at refs to call time if they were winning which they usually were with him in charge.

Now, where is that photo of The Fear pointing at his watch next to Ferguson!?:grinning:

1611517627707.png

:rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.