The Official Dean Smith Thread | Page 3 | Vital Football

The Official Dean Smith Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well if they can all work in unison, then great. I did hear that was how Smith operated at Brentford so it will be nothing new to him.

Jesus seems to have overseen some serious success at the clubs he was at.

Please, please, please can it just work out?
Yup, he didn't make signings (he picked Romaine Sawyers from Walsall to help integrate the group to him) but he had a say, they had 2 Technical Directors from memory (one also ran their reserve squad and made signings at that level) and their owner was moneyball based but it's been successful.

Smith was there to 'deal' and get the best from what he had more than wheel and deal.

Make that switch to a club of our size we won't be signing Messi, we'll sign two who could be the next and let them fight it out.

Jesus has a good record on face value but I'll look into him tomorrow.

There is a clear plan in place and I'm excited that we will pull 40000 against Swansea and take this league by storm, everyone else is shitting themselves that we will get our act together and start throwing our weight around, come on villa. Smash em.

Could this finally be the turning point after years of underachieving and gloom, I ask myself do I believe in the Villa

Ohhhhhhh yeahhhh

Hopefully the dawn of a new era at B6. A sensible appointment and the return of JT is the icing on the cake. Would expect Richard O'Kelly to be appointed as well in the not too distant future, Smith's right hand man for years. A very good night to all Vital Villans. :utv:

There is a clear plan in place and I'm excited that we will pull 40000 against Swansea and take this league by storm, everyone else is shitting themselves that we will get our act together and start throwing our weight around, come on villa. Smash em.

Yeah. But that defence though PVB.

:eek!:

Lets hope he can cope with the pressure and expectation of managing Aston Villa. Really hope this works out and we get exciting football and promotion.

JT's not taking a risk, neither is Jesus.

Smith is - I admire that.

Yes, Kelly assistant at Walsall and Brentford so I'd expect him to follow unless he's gunning for his shot.

One of our own with a style of football which is desirable, I’m pleased. Also, I have no doubt the fans will back him like we have done previously- despite what the press write I thought we really got behind Bruce, well we did high in the sky anyway. The new set up will need patience, which players will adjust to his style? Time will tell. Just imagine if the youth players actually get more games- exciting times ahead. I didn’t think that 2 weeks ago.

Welcome Dean, you have cost me a tenner but im chuffed. The pieces are dropping into place. It will be a long road but i hope its the start of a great journey.

Phew , very happy with this. I don't expect instant results or promotion this season , but next season yes, and we have JT as a progression plan if / when needed.

If I was some seniors, I'd be drinking tonight. Others will already be in bed ready for training.

Our youngsters, given who he introduced at Brentford over the last few years, should be at Bodymoor at 6am because I'd take Bentley, Mepham, Konsa and Watkins in January. Get their shot first.

The new Messiah and Jesus to boot. Happy with this, Dean is of the Rotterdam generation so he understands what we are and what we expect.

Let's have a singsong!

Scott Hogan's phone has already had the battery die btw......

That's another angle to the appointment!

Status
Not open for further replies.