The Official Dean Smith Thread | Page 23 | Vital Football

The Official Dean Smith Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
When questioned in his pressabout the support last night Deano's answer....."The away end? It's normal. It's fantastic. We're Villa!" He's very much one of our own and he impresses me more every week. The way he conducted himself despite the disappointment of last night was also testament to his character. No sarcasm, no snide comments....One or two manager's in the greed league should take note....

Yes. He is an impressive person , as well as a coach.

Hi Guys,
I have taken to calling D.S. the Messiah......but.....I can't understand why he perseveres with Nyland. The club deserves better than this clown..".could any of you fine fellows explain his thinking?

Regards,
G.T.

Hi Guys,
I have taken to calling D.S. the Messiah......but.....I can't understand why he perseveres with Nyland. The club deserves better than this clown..".could any of you fine fellows explain his thinking?

Regards,
G.T.

Hello Gin & Tonic, Graham Taylor, Give and Take, Gippy Tummy or whoever you might be. :whist:

Er, I think the answer to your question might be that he believes currently that we don't have a better goalkeeper at the club. I hope that relieves your concern and anxiety.

A more interesting discussion will be had if Mr Nyland is not replaced in January.

Best wishes from Northampton.

Last edited:
Hi Northampton.....wouldn't Doris the Tea Lady be an improvement....Nyland could already have cost us promotion......
Regards,
G.T.

Hi Northampton.....wouldn't Doris the Tea Lady be an improvement....Nyland could already have cost us promotion......
Regards,
G.T.

Good afternoon Mr Tonic,

No, Doris's job is to make the tea. Round pegs in round holes please.

Defensive mistakes, midfielders not covering have all contributed to the goals against column, not just Nyland. Bunn and Moriera are no better IMO.

Steve Bruce is clearly the man who has cost us a poor start. We will be promoted under Dean Smith, who will continue to improve the squad and eradicate what he perceives as weakness.

You may be interested to peruse my comments in the relevant Organ Grinder, sorry Orjan Nyland thread.

seasonal greetings,
N.V.

Regards,
G.T.

I don't think she's registered, And in any case, she's out for the season with a torn ACL. Shame, best wishes for a speedy recovery Doris.

Regards,
G.T.

Nyland is not good enough, the question is whether Bunn or Morreira be any better?

I think Morreira in his one cup game looked all over the place. Bunn is mediocre at best but I think right now I’d take that over the possibility of a Nyland mistake every game

Bunn has been here 4 or 5 years and he's had a few opportunities to stake his claim for the number 1 spot, he's failed miserably every time. Even in his 1 game this season he looked lost and gave away a goal. He shouldn't even be here let alone be playing. Nyland isn't a good keeper but of the 3 1st team keepers we have he's the "best" of a bad bunch unfortunately. Cheers again Brucey, who indeed could have done a better job.

. Nyland isn't a good keeper but of the 3 1st team keepers we have he's the "best" of a bad bunch unfortunately. Cheers again Brucey, who indeed could have done a better job.

Spot on. Saved me the trouble. Close the discussion. We are stuck until January.

Yep a half decent keeper and our two recent draws would have been wins.
I expect in fact I'm almost sure Deano is telling Nyland what he wants to hear, as we are stuck with him until January and there is no point in making him worse by telling him he is crap or words to that effect.

I expect he's lining up Heaton as I type

The new owners were at pains to save the Academy that was being downgraded thanks to the ridiculous Xia guy as well.

They want to build something here.

They'll need to be buying in quality as well if we do want to get to the top though.

Just seen this. Just shows the tough run of games we've had since Smith came in.

I've not a doubt that if we'd kept going with the previous incumbent we'd be right down in the shit.

I just went to their Twitter page and the previous stats are also interesting. The 12 game spread between the two and Dean has bested him in each category including goals conceded.

Just seen this. Just shows the tough run of games we've had since Smith came in.

I've not a doubt that if we'd kept going with the previous incumbent we'd be right down in the shit.

Great visual, DS has a nice run of games now though. As good as the results have been overall against the top sides (I can only recall oneloss to Leeds in that rough run of games) we now go into a run where QPR are ranked the highest currently - and with the greatest of respect to QPR who have played well this season I expect us to be looking and setting up in a way to put away all of the next 6 teams we face in the league.

I just hope that DS doesn’t go safety first and play two holding midfielders - one of which includes Whelan - as we don’t need that against these teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.