The Official Dean Smith Thread | Page 2 | Vital Football

The Official Dean Smith Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just goes to show how off the mark media and bookies were in reality.

I'm no expert but I would think that this appointment would have been going on for a few days. With an approach to Brentford, negotiations with Smith , compensation to Brentford, negotiations with JT.

This hasn't happened overnight. Bruce only went 7 days ago.

I think we have the clubs number one choice. Which is a good thing in my humble.

Good news. Its often the lesser players who make the best managers...I had the pleasure of know Lawrie McMenemy. Ferguson wasn't a great player either. Glad its not Henry, what does he know aboutthe Championship. Good luck Dean and welcome to your new role!

Does head coach mean he'll actually be on the training ground with the players?

Is that what's different from manager?
I short Jesus is in charge, Smith has a say but not total control.

Smith coaches with coaches. He picks and works with what he's given under whatever he agreed is my understanding.

He can demand a signing and stamp his feet, but he can't make it happen - this is how he worked at Brentford. The key is Jesus and his ability, along with relationship with Smith where Jesus needs to know when to say 'absolutely yes' and bow to his skills.

I short Jesus is in charge, Smith has a say but not total control.

Smith coaches with coaches. He picks and works with what he's given under whatever he agreed is my understanding.

He can demand a signing and stamp his feet, but he can't make it happen - this is how he worked at Brentford. The key is Jesus and his ability, along with relationship with Smith where Jesus needs to know when to say 'absolutely yes' and bow to his skills.

Well if they can all work in unison, then great. I did hear that was how Smith operated at Brentford so it will be nothing new to him.

Jesus seems to have overseen some serious success at the clubs he was at.

Please, please, please can it just work out?

Happy enough with this. At least we know he'll work his bollocks off to make a success of things. Also shows just how far off the media we're with their guesses, negotiating with Brentford and Smith himself wouldn't have taken just today. I'd guess that once again the Henry stuff was fabrication, the Faria stuff as well. Welcome to villa Dean.

It should also mean the days of stockpiling a new position each window are over as Smith will be expected to have at best 2 for each slot, then use the U23s as proper cover.

We could be in for an incredibly busy January - but not a January where it'll be players who excite the fans, it'll be about sensibly balancing the squad, cutting waste, adding value and maybe even getting our first team core down to 14 for the summer for a major overhaul.

I hope actually!

It should also mean the days of stockpiling a new position each window are over as Smith will be expected to have at best 2 for each slot, then use the U23s as proper cover.

We could be in for an incredibly busy January - but not a January where it'll be players who excite the fans, it'll be about sensibly balancing the squad, cutting waste, adding value and maybe even getting our first team core down to 14 for the summer for a major overhaul.

I hope actually!

Nah, Buy loads of players In January then pay the fine

Happy with this news , especially with JT being involved , he was clearly a big influence last season

Is Richard Kelly coming with Smith as well ?

Leaving the calm waters of griffin park for the stormy seas of villa park good luck dean and may you lead us on an exiting voyage.

Reactions: OVB
Status
Not open for further replies.