The Official Dean Smith Thread | Page 19 | Vital Football

The Official Dean Smith Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
A good move. I'm fine with Chester as a defender but don't think he influences games as whole. We need people further up the pitch grabbing the game by the scruff of the neck, and it helps if they have some encouragement to do that.

James Chester is a solid defender but as you say he isnt the intimidating force you'd like to have at CB. We lack that throughout really, Jedinak is the only one like that really.

Interesting to see Dean Smith being interviewed after the game with the Pundits pitchside, he was really convincing with his vision of what he expects, it will be good to see what transfer business is done in January. It can only be good for the club now we have new impetus
from manager & owners

Interesting to see Dean Smith being interviewed after the game with the Pundits pitchside, he was really convincing with his vision of what he expects, it will be good to see what transfer business is done in January. It can only be good for the club now we have new impetus
from manager & owners

Yep, been impressed with him so far. No bullshit. Good ideas. Indeed revolutionary ideas like talking to players at half time :grinning: Getting improvements from players all around the pitch.

I think he knows what he wants from the players and will work out quickly which players can do a job for him.

Love the fact he replayed on video JG`s movement at HT and showed him where he wants him to make his runs .......class

Technology - to think our previous manager didn’t believe in it if the rumours are to be believed. You have to use it just to stand still in today’s game

Wasn’t sure about the appointment of dean smith (though preferred him over Henry by a country mile), was worried the club would be too big for him.

Have to say I’m impressed with how grounded he is. Very calm, collected and oozing confidence. I think there’s a good chance he will do very well here if given the time to implement his changes.

My son-in-law works at Birmingham university where Dean, before coming to Villa, was a visiting speaker. It was really nice to hear that his Director told him that Dean was the nicest person he'd met of the people coming in to do talks. Apparently they talked about football for ages and he was very friendly and down to earth. This resonates with what the Brentford fan said about Dean. Nice to hear and we might well have landed an all-round class act.

Status
Not open for further replies.