The Official Dean Smith Thread | Page 18 | Vital Football

The Official Dean Smith Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
get out of it - gabby has loads of experience in handling a spare tyre.

tbh I guess they'd just ring up their ferrari/porsche/lambo etc dealer who'd send a little man out to do it for them nowadays for a couple of K

Gives me chance to play my favourite Gabby moment though.

We are on the up, we will be in the promotion push. We are on our way back, bring it on.

Every time we're on the up, or we're looking up the table, or whatever gets mentioned, we're just about to go on an extended down. You're taking a risk here, pvb.

Come a week tomorrow, we could be looking at another 9 points, or 0. Hope the support for Deano will still be here if it's 0.

Smith will be supported mate as long as we can see what he's trying to do, I lost it with Bruce after a few months when it was obvious he was living on his reputation and not his coaching ability. It still took some two years before the penny dropped.
Smith is a training ground man and does tactics, the Opposite to Bruce in every way

Smith will be supported mate as long as we can see what he's trying to do, I lost it with Bruce after a few months when it was obvious he was living on his reputation and not his coaching ability. It still took some two years before the penny dropped.
Smith is a training ground man and does tactics, the Opposite to Bruce in every way

Apart from the tactical changes, I think one of his biggest difficulties will be sorting out the "big time Charlie" attitude of one or two and instilling some sense of belonging in the loan signings. I still have a good feeling about the structure and people installed. As you rightly say, he will be backed if we can see progress and some decent football.

Is it just me or does he come across as someone that has studied extensively in a lot of areas of coaching and managing?

The way he talks almost comes across as business like sometimes. More than just a football man.

Is it just me or does he come across as someone that has studied extensively in a lot of areas of coaching and managing?

The way he talks almost comes across as business like sometimes. More than just a football man.

The impression i get is he has spent a great deal of time studying different methods. He has decided on his own and is sticking with it. Exactly what we need IMO.

Very impressed with Smith thus far. Speaks very well and seems completely unfazed by the fact he's now managing his 'boyhood club'. Early days I know but a highly promising start.

I think we can agree that Garry Monk has had relative success down the road. He has started to implement his style and got more out of the team than the sum of the individuals within it. He started LLWWWDLL.

Those of us who have said we have the best squad in the Championship might be realising that we have some decent players for this standard but not the best squad - they are playing in the championship for a reason.

I was as frustrated as the next fan that we didn't beat an in form Norwich team at their place, but I also accept the constraints that DS has been working under since his arrival (limited time working with the squad). He will have learnt a lot about his players over the first 2 games and as the old adage goes, "you learn a lot more in defeat".

I accept that we are going to have a bumpy ride until he gets his first choice team on the pitch and his own philosophy embedded within it. What I don't accept is the continual slating of individual players. We win and lose as a team and on Tuesday night the team was not quite up to the challenge. None of us know if he had picked another player, or played someone in a different position, whether it would have made a blind bit of difference. Form is temporary and players drift in and out of it.

I like coming on here, sharing my opinion, reading other posts and accept that we all have our view of all things claret and blue. We are where we are for a reason and only have the current crop of players to choose from. DS will get it right, whether that is 2, 5 or 10 games and a lot of those players will still be in the team because they are the best available currently. This is the first manager I have actually wanted and thought was a good appointment since MON. So I hope that everyone can get behind the team and the individuals and look for the improvements within both. If we throw the U23's at the side en mass, they will be out of their depth. DS will introduce them slowly at the correct time.

Every time we're on the up, or we're looking up the table, or whatever gets mentioned, we're just about to go on an extended down. You're taking a risk here, pvb.

Come a week tomorrow, we could be looking at another 9 points, or 0. Hope the support for Deano will still be here if it's 0.
We now have a management setup that can succeed and we will.

Reactions: OVB
We now have a management setup that can succeed and we will.

That's the huge difference. We have owners who have the clout and intention to seriously back the club, something we haven't had for 10 years. The means the stability which we haven't had for 10 years.

It doesn't matter too much if we struggle at times. We have a strong base for recovery if we do.

Status
Not open for further replies.