The Official Dean Smith Thread | Page 168 | Vital Football

The Official Dean Smith Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally I also think Jack will be gone regardless of where we are next season. This could be his last chance to join a team that will be challenging for the top trophies at home and in Europe.
I would even say that he's already made his mind up.

How Do I Know! Common sense, No Time Travel needed + FFP regarding wages would dictate this. Are you Suggesting that there would be no interest in Grealish, Mings & Mcginn by teams competing in Euro Comps? Are you edging your bets on them staying in The EFL. I think you I naive if you do

We are still in the mix to stay in the division even after a terrible run of games. So personally I think it is wise to hold on what might happen in the summer until we know what division we will be in.

We are still in the mix to stay in the division even after a terrible run of games. So personally I think it is wise to hold on what might happen in the summer until we know what division we will be in.
Agreed My reply comments were based on the assumption that Samatta & Co would rip up the championship with 40 goals Plus

Personally I also think Jack will be gone regardless of where we are next season. This could be his last chance to join a team that will be challenging for the top trophies at home and in Europe.
I would even say that he's already made his mind up.
I believe this also, but he does want to do the Best for Us regarding the Fee. Staying up will dictate the level of fee received for other aswell if there heads are turned. Smith & Co have took a big gamble on the majority of Purchases Summer, with some of the January spend - displaying desperation! I hope Im wrong but fear the worst!

It was said at the time that we probably gained promotion a year early. So, once we're relagated, promotion back will be a year behind.... at least.

From a completely league standing / competition perspective yes we're behind.

I would say from a playing staff, financial and club profile standing I would say we wouldn't be. It's easy to say only the first point matters but I am not so sure.

We probably would have just extended everyones contract and did the same no experience plan once we were promoted. Why would it have been any different?

Hi mate no not yet , I’m going to try and get 1 outside the ground if I can , been offered 1 on twitter for our end but the price was too much for me .
Yes, loads of City tickets from about £70+ £20 charges but Villa tickets way to expensive. Keep looking.

I haven’t worked it out but we’re going to need probably 2 wins from the top 9, given we’ve played Burnley twice who are 10th?

I just cannot see us scraping even a 2-3 draws against the top half teams let alone wins. It’ll be a miracle if we win 1 let alone 2.

Newcastle (away) and Palace (home) are the two best games I can see from the run in, and the Geordies away can be a pasting.
Surely we can pull a win off against Wolves at home on derby day?

Status
Not open for further replies.