The Official Dean Smith Thread | Page 167 | Vital Football

The Official Dean Smith Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven’t worked it out but we’re going to need probably 2 wins from the top 9, given we’ve played Burnley twice who are 10th?

I just cannot see us scraping even a 2-3 draws against the top half teams let alone wins. It’ll be a miracle if we win 1 let alone 2.

Newcastle (away) and Palace (home) are the two best games I can see from the run in, and the Geordies away can be a pasting.

Like everyone else I'm hating the current run. I like Deano and like the fact we set out to play football and win games, rather than simply survive. But it's a risky strategy and maybe it will backfire - I'm 50/50 at the moment.
On a broader note however - to everyone who wants him sacked as soon as things get tough (I remember there were plenty this time last year, too) - our policy of changing managers like socks has had a disastrous effect for the last decade or so.

Ironically for all of the failings this year - and I put a lot of them down to Smith - he’s probably the best right now to continue in the championship to bring us back up.

Samatta will score about 40 in the championship, so we may as well give smith a few months and if it isn’t looking rosy in November we can change as we all know in the championship it’s the final three months which count the most.

Ironically for all of the failings this year - and I put a lot of them down to Smith - he’s probably the best right now to continue in the championship to bring us back up.

Samatta will score about 40 in the championship, so we may as well give smith a few months and if it isn’t looking rosy in November we can change as we all know in the championship it’s the final three months which count the most.

It was said at the time that we probably gained promotion a year early. So, once we're relagated, promotion back will be a year behind.... at least.

So it’s ok for a post to be highly critical but it’s not ok for a post which suggests some of the negativity is over the top? Where have I said you cant question the manager? You can criticise the club, management, players as much as you want and I can offer a counter argument if that’s what I feel. As for the ‘better fan than you’....that always seems to be your perception of someone who disagrees with a point of view....nothing at all to do with being a better fan. My post criticises what I perceive to be over the top negativity and what you’re criticising me for is all the more ironic when you read your post and it’s more than forthright tone. And yes, I will thoroughly enjoy my day out at Wembley with great friends and family.....all of us Villa nuts.....what’s the point of supporting a team if you can’t look forward to a bloody Cup Final even if we are absolutely useless?!

Sorry Langoe I was out of order, just annoyed and didn't mean to snap at fellow Lions.

Agree completely with this. Samatta and Wes (if he has sense to play 2 up front) will rip the championship apart next season. Assuming they get any service from a team bereft of jack, SJM, mings and heaton.

Agree completely with this. Samatta and Wes (if he has sense to play 2 up front) will rip the championship apart next season. Assuming they get any service from a team bereft of jack, SJM, mings and heaton.

Love the optimism but the harsh reality is Samatta didn’t get a kick on Saturday nor Wesley whenever he played. I think we’ve forgotten how tough the championship is and I’m not convinced that the current crop have the bottle to do anything there. Our best hope is to somehow survive now, drop the 5 at the back nonsense and support Samatta with another striker and try to win matches by scoring more than the opposition like we tried to do earlier in the season.

Give it a rest! We will have no Grealish, Mings & Mcginn if we go down.
we struggled while Grealish was Injured in the championship. It will be a at least 2 Transfer windows before we are in a position to challenge

Give it a rest! We will have no Grealish, Mings & Mcginn if we go down.
we struggled while Grealish was Injured in the championship. It will be a at least 2 Transfer windows before we are in a position to challenge

How do you know who will be here next season? How do you know who we will sell, or even buy in the summer? If you are a time traveler can you please give me next weeks lottery numbers?

How do you know who will be here next season? How do you know who we will sell, or even buy in the summer? If you are a time traveler can you please give me next weeks lottery numbers?
How Do I Know! Common sense, No Time Travel needed + FFP regarding wages would dictate this. Are you Suggesting that there would be no interest in Grealish, Mings & Mcginn by teams competing in Euro Comps? Are you edging your bets on them staying in The EFL. I think you I naive if you do

Have to agree with robbo, no way would Jack take another spell in the Championship, I believe McGinn would be snapped up and Mings, well, I think he's a great Championship player so would love to keep him, but now he's played for England he might think he's a top PL player. Don't know on that one.

I think even if we stay up, we'll lose Jack personally. Can't prove it, I don't have a time machine as you put it Wurzel, but I don't think he'll be with us next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.