The Official Dean Smith Thread | Page 154 | Vital Football

The Official Dean Smith Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
For all the criticism, unjust or not at least this side Dean Smith has put together has a chance in games even when they look dead and buried.

Yesterday we wanted to see fight and we got it, around the 60 minute mark we were looking done with no ideas but grabbing a goal gave us belief. We pushed until the end and we scored and it was that type of play pushing to the end to score which was reminiscent of us last season. I am praying this is the turning point where we scrape forward and drag ourselves out.

We also have to thank the heavens we have Jack Grealish, the pure panic he caused when he got the ball gave us the space we needed for Luiz to creep in the back door.

Last edited:
For all the criticism, unjust or not at least this side Dean Smith has a chance in games even when they look dead and buried.

Yesterday we wanted to see fight and we got it, around the 60 minute mark we were looking done with no ideas but grabbing a goal gave us belief. We pushed until the end and we scored and it was that type of play pushing to the end to score which was reminiscent of us last season. I am praying this is the turning point where we scrape forward and drag ourselves out.

We also have to thank the heavens we have Jack Grealish, the pure panic he caused when he got the ball gave us the space we needed for Luiz to creep in the back door.

I wondered when anybody would pay credit to Dean.

I was delighted with such a battling performance. Dean had very clearly got the lads up for the fight last night and with the final goal it was wonderful watching everyone go delirious with joy. The team, coaching staff, subs and fans.

Thought he made the right subs the other night, and this Indi lad looks quality.

Really hope the new striker(s) don`t push him out, reminds me of a young Dean Saunders with his movement.

For all the criticism, unjust or not at least this side Dean Smith has put together has a chance in games even when they look dead and buried.

Spot on
I never understood the usual cliches that some trot out when things are not going well when referring to this team . Overall I think the effort has been there. With notable exceptions but show me a team in our position that doesn't get that thrown at them. You know, the problems in the dressing room, lost the dressing room , lost the players, can't motivate them etc etc.
Easy accusations to make without having to think to deeply about really why we are struggling

As I have said before lack.of quality and confidence can be confused with lack of effort .

We stick with Dean and the team come what may, I'm sick of changing management, we stay up this season and it will be one of our biggest achievements for 40 years.

Like it or not Wolves are very good and miles ahead of us, hard to take considering they were below us three seasons ago. The manager has a system he plays that gets results. We can all see how they play but few can stop them and they always seem to be in the game even against the top 3.
Nuno is certainly a good coach and will go to a top club at some point

Wolves are a superb team - they were toe-to-toe with Liverpool last night with loads of possession and could quite easily have taken the three points.

Traore has come on leaps and bounds since we got rid but overall they press to get the ball back every bit as much as Liverpool do, they're short on Liverpool's quality of course but the endeavour is right up there.

A few brown envelopes stuffed with cash probably helped. Definitely something dodgy going on whilst they were in the championship.

So get with the program if you want to compete then - at these levels of money it's all about the brown envelopes ...

We stick with Dean and the team come what may, I'm sick of changing management, we stay up this season and it will be one of our biggest achievements for 40 years.

If we stay up by the skin of our teeth do we stick with him?

So long as he doesn't do a Lambert, where each transfer window got worse. Don't think he will though. The fact that signings are a team effort is some insurance.

I seriously dont get the doubt about Dean Smith. He lead us to a very unlikely promotion, had the nightmare of having to rebuild an entire squad for a league he has never managed in before for a paltry £120 million. He has had to contend with the spine of his team, which just happens to consist of our best players going down with long term injuries, and with all that we are in among half the league to stay in the division, a remarkable achievement given all that he has had to deal with. There is nowt as queer as folk, and there are some very queer Villa supporters. Sack him? Why? When was the last time we had a team that played with Deans attacking intent? Certainly not under our most successful recent manager MON. I back him all the way. He is doing a great job and he is a Villa fan to boot, what more do we want?

I seriously dont get the doubt about Dean Smith. He lead us to a very unlikely promotion, had the nightmare of having to rebuild an entire squad for a league he has never managed in before for a paltry £120 million. He has had to contend with the spine of his team, which just happens to consist of our best players going down with long term injuries, and with all that we are in among half the league to stay in the division, a remarkable achievement given all that he has had to deal with. There is nowt as queer as folk, and there are some very queer Villa supporters. Sack him? Why? When was the last time we had a team that played with Deans attacking intent? Certainly not under our most successful recent manager MON. I back him all the way. He is doing a great job and he is a Villa fan to boot, what more do we want?

There's far too much noise to have any real idea of his worth IMO but we'll have a much better idea in 12 months time.

I think that's all fair but when we lose a few games in a row and look clueless on the pitch, the fans are right to moan. We've looked really poor at times this season.

Much praise for where Dean Smith has got Villa in a relatively short space of time but it how we progress going forward, avoid relegation at all costs and kick on from there. Questions must be asked about some of our transfers and serious thought to some of last summer signings, we cannot stand still and the squad must develop.

The opposition dictate as much as any other factor how we play. People always seems to forget that. Whether this is convenience to try and prove a point or just the natural instinct of a football fan, I have no idea but I'm sure it's the same on most forums.

The only negative I have heard that is relevant to Dean Smith is the comments about systems and shape from JF. We must be mindful of the whole picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.