The Official Dean Smith Thread | Page 153 | Vital Football

The Official Dean Smith Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
i get the squad being unbalanced at the start of the season especially light on experience and strikers, but I doubt Dean is making the final decisions, and we dont know how many players did we miss out on. I cannot see why a manager, especially a Villa fan as well would walk away from his dream job, even if it was shit. We have had a terrible run, but we all knew this season was going to be tough, didn't we? Where has our patience gone?

Let's just fucking dig in and battle like ferrets from now till the end of the season, God willing we will be all right. 🙏

If they introduce a progressive pricing structure and slash ticket, shirt prices etc by 50% and gradually increase them as he learns to do the job properly then yes. In all seriousness, these days managers have to earn their time. Fans are being asked to pay more and more to support the side so I'm afraid building up to something for 3 years while fans pay through the nose to watch rubbish just doesn't fly. Back in the day when the game was a more down to earth reasonable affair I would be perfectly happy to give a manager time.
Yep £50 to watch a 1-6 hammering with minimal effort, desire, fight, pride. Patience goes out the window

If they introduce a progressive pricing structure and slash ticket, shirt prices etc by 50% and gradually increase them as he learns to do the job properly then yes. In all seriousness, these days managers have to earn their time. Fans are being asked to pay more and more to support the side so I'm afraid building up to something for 3 years while fans pay through the nose to watch rubbish just doesn't fly. Back in the day when the game was a more down to earth reasonable affair I would be perfectly happy to give a manager time.
Please dont mention ticket prices at Villa Park. I paid £35 to join the Villa Membership scheme that gives you first crack at the tickets after season ticket holders. I get on line on the Friday they go on sale for the Leicester game to be met with the message no tickets available for the Holte End, so I buy in the Trinity.
Days later loads of tickets go on sale in the Holte, and I have just checked and there are still plenty of tickets left in the Holte plus a few thousand in other areas of the ground.
This is Villa getting rid of the less popular tickets and holding back stuff they can sell. Well as a member, not happy and you can shove it up your arse next season Villa.
Of course it may just be that we are playing in the Championship next season and we are back to our core support and wont need this rotten little scam of a scheme.

Please dont mention ticket prices at Villa Park. I paid £35 to join the Villa Membership scheme that gives you first crack at the tickets after season ticket holders. I get on line on the Friday they go on sale for the Leicester game to be met with the message no tickets available for the Holte End, so I buy in the Trinity.
Days later loads of tickets go on sale in the Holte, and I have just checked and there are still plenty of tickets left in the Holte plus a few thousand in other areas of the ground.
This is Villa getting rid of the less popular tickets and holding back stuff they can sell. Well as a member, not happy and you can shove it up your arse next season Villa.
Of course it may just be that we are playing in the Championship next season and we are back to our core support and wont need this rotten little scam of a scheme.

They have to hold ST holders seats for so long then they go on sale to the others hence them being available later on.
One thing that pisses me off is my ST seat being sold to part-timers before they sell the Non-ST seats it happens every time. It makes sense to sell all the others first then if the ST holder decides to spend yet more money his seat is still available.

They have to hold ST holders seats for so long then they go on sale to the others hence them being available later on.
One thing that pisses me off is my ST seat being sold to part-timers before they sell the Non-ST seats it happens every time. It makes sense to sell all the others first then if the ST holder decides to spend yet more money his seat is still available.
Thanks for the reply 57, but this was after that date, and I forgot to mention that to add insult to injury the Holte End tickets are offered at a reduced price, the Trinity tickets are at the normal price.
Its not the money, its the way they have done it by holding back all Holte End tickets because they know they can sell them.

Thanks for the reply 57, but this was after that date, and I forgot to mention that to add insult to injury the Holte End tickets are offered at a reduced price, the Trinity tickets are at the normal price.
Its not the money, its the way they have done it by holding back all Holte End tickets because they know they can sell them.

They shouldn't do that but they know the Trinity upper is last to sell out so I guess they are crafty or it's someone with OCD that wants to keep nice need blocks of tickets. They know you won't take a chance on missing out I suppose

I think the huge squad overhaul we’ve had will make it a struggle for any manager. The summer recruitment was just wrong, not enough experience, not enough strikers and too many players new to English football. There has to be a collective blame for that from Deano, Jesus and Purslow. Sothat alongside Deano getting us promoted gives me a lot of patience with him, especially as we are by no means cut adrift yet.

Him being a Villa fan is nice, you can identify with him more and his understanding of the club should help, but if he’s not cutting it tactically/motivationally then it shouldn’t come in to it. Villa staying in this division comes first.

The next 3 PL games are huge. If we mess it up I’m torn on him getting sacked so we can give someone else a chance or keeping things stable, accept we’re likely to go down and give him the time to get rid of more deadwood (we have so much still) and rebuild a team with more stability and experience capable of getting up and staying up next time. After writing that I still think he is our best chance of doing that. Let’s just hope the next 3 games go our way, it continues and we stay up!

Not a chance, not with Purslow here.

If I was an owner, I’d get rid of purslow if necessary to get Benitez in.
I think we need a big name manager who is proven at premier league level. Definitely not a Thierry Henry. If no such manager is available then best stick with deano

You need quality to do any good in this league and we’ve gone down the road we’ve been down before, quantity not quality. The comparison for me is Wolves, I’m not sure how much that team cost but the performances I’ve seen have been class.
Back down to earth. Can Dean organise us into a team that can beat Watford? It would be a massive lifeline, but a non-performance would make his position very vulnerable indeed.

You need quality to do any good in this league and we’ve gone down the road we’ve been down before, quantity not quality. The comparison for me is Wolves, I’m not sure how much that team cost but the performances I’ve seen have been class.
Back down to earth. Can Dean organise us into a team that can beat Watford? It would be a massive lifeline, but a non-performance would make his position very vulnerable indeed.

Like it or not Wolves are very good and miles ahead of us, hard to take considering they were below us three seasons ago. The manager has a system he plays that gets results. We can all see how they play but few can stop them and they always seem to be in the game even against the top 3.
Nuno is certainly a good coach and will go to a top club at some point

Like it or not Wolves are very good and miles ahead of us, hard to take considering they were below us three seasons ago. The manager has a system he plays that gets results. We can all see how they play but few can stop them and they always seem to be in the game even against the top 3.
Nuno is certainly a good coach and will go to a top club at some point

Somehow Wolves managed to buy Champions League players dirt cheap to play in the Championship. Interesting that their fans are moaning on WM saying they haven't got a big enough squad , but Nuno certainly has done a good job.

Status
Not open for further replies.