The Official Dean Smith Thread | Page 13 | Vital Football

The Official Dean Smith Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Almost right pvb.
The only thing I disagree with you about is the wage bill.
Our wage bill has been over-inflated for years and still is.
As a mid-table championship club, we currently run a mid-table premiership wage bill.
We have players on £30, £35, £40, £45 and £50 thousand+ a week, in a league where, without us and the three relegated clubs wage bills, the average wage works out at around £12-£15k.
When I said great I meant big, as in players on big wages should be good players.

How are we going to make dean smiths claret and blue army song work , there are not enough syllables to do it ?

When I said great I meant big, as in players on big wages should be good players.

And yet I read it as meaning we had an easily sustainable wage bill, which we don't.
Don't you consider £30,000 plus a week a big wage, I do, especially when the player isn't good enough to get in the first team, or when he does get a chance because of injury, does bugger all. We do seem to attract this sort of player and have done for a long time.
With the new CEO and DoF in place, I hope for a more sensible wage structure to be implemented at the club.

Brentford fan in the vid above waxing lyrical about Deano and his fast one-touch football, breathtaking!
Looks like they play like that every week, not just against us.
I bet Scott Hogan is chomping at the bit

Part of an article on Dean Smith & John Terry.

"Smith was identified by Purslow due to his track record of playing attractive football, success in playing youngsters and ability to work with a continental infrastructure. He is also a huge Villa fan, with his father once a steward at the club.
Villa have assured Smith that some funds will be made available in January, despite restrictions due to Financial Fair Play rules, and he will target a left-back and a centre-half. Villa are also keen to move a number of fringe players out.

Smith is also looking to bring in another first-team coach and a goalkeeping coach, with Simon Royce who worked with him at Brentford a possible choice.
Smith and Terry will both be unveiled at a press conference on Monday afternoon."

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/footbal...lla-manager-dean-smith/?WT.mc_id=tmg_share_tw

I remember some on here were calling for Smith even before RDM so they can stand vindicated. I didn't get it and scoffed at the idea I have since learned that this guy is a humble man who has fantastic ideas. The clincher for me was the way his side went to Arsenal the other week and passed the ball with an attacking intent while we sat back at home to Sheff Wed. That's when I was on board with Smith. I haven't been this on board with a manager since MON. The bonus is Smith does not have the baggage of Bruce or the ego of MON. Cannot wait for this I am sticking with Smith until the bitter end.

Status
Not open for further replies.